Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Snagged two sponsors!!

It must be the beautiful weather but today while I was on break from Media services, I went to the nearby restaurants seeking sponsors for NYDT's 1st Annual Pool Tournament and already scored two $50 gift certificates and have 4 more to follow up in the next two days :) King also has been very successful and there's tmw as well to try.

Yesterday the twins were very hyper, it was hard to get them to sit still for me to teach them ASL. But overall they've seemed to have finally mastered their colors. Part of the reason why they struggle so much is they are 3 years old and they had a hard time identifying the colors, so how could they remember which sign was right for which color? Nyhoo they are now doing great with their verb/action signs.

Seems possible that Blondie and I will be teaching a pilot ASL program at a Bronx HS later in April for 2xs a week? We will have our confirmation within the next several weeks. I also got contacted for a different job as well. Funny for the past 3 months, work has been so slow, and now everyone is trying to reach me for possible employment. Its always that way, either everyone calls or the phone never rings...

Sweets and I are doing so good. Our communication skills have been slowly but surely improving. Sometimes we don't realize the consequence of our actions and how they affect those who loves us. We are learning to check in with each other to help avoid miscommunication which often leads to hurt feelings. I am so lucky Jack is willing to try and not say "My way or the Highway!" He will come with me to PA this Sat and stay till Monday. That way I can spend some time with Mom by myself. Mom's health hasnt been so good so I am anxious to visit with her during the Passover.

Had to cancel plans tonight with Szymanski due to a editing project I promised King I would complete for her after work ends. Provided the equipment works once we get the cleaning solution. Right now my shitty 1ccd dv camera will not read the mini dv tapes so Jack thinks the head needs to be cleaned and will pick up cleaning stuff today for me to use tonight. Otherwise I am SOL.

I am LOVING this beautiful weather, my energy level is through the roof. I MUST get a light box for next winter to help me with my depression during the winter time when there is less light.

Ronnie may come to town with her son and stay at my place during the NYDT's pool tourney, she will let me know soon if she can definitely make it or not. I know its kinda hard for her as she just moved into her new house only a week or two ago and she and her sweetie are still settling in with the baby. I would love for her to come but will understand if she can't make it?

Hmm what else.. been mad crazy with trying to get the website email contact form working correctly and will add two more short films to the site as well. One from LaGuardia Community College and one from the Teacher's College last year.

Nyhoo, go out and enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET!!!
To remind everyone about the upcoming deaf-related episode on Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
at 9:00pm (EST)