Monday, October 08, 2007

Today & Tomorrow

The 1st image is of a guy who often rides the 1 train. Randomly drawing
various riders. He doesn't charge anyone and its not clear to me if he's
homeless or just very eccentric? He's already done my portriat about a
year ago. I actually rode the train a few extra stops just so he could
finish. And gave him 5 bucks. So if he hasn't drawn you yet, then truly
you cannot call yourself a NYer.

The 2nd picture is the 1 train coming towards me headed downtown, so I
can go to 96th st, change to the 2/3 and get off at Penn Station. This
shot is facing North.

The 3rd picture is of the sky, with the sun trying to peek thru. It
looks like rain today?

4th picture is a shot of the train tracks headed downtown. This shot is
facing South.

Today is my students 3rd Unit Test! They're doing really well. Last
wednesday I gave them a short quiz on Fingerspelling/Vocab review. I am
proud of them because I fingerspell at a normal pace, not that
painstaking slow bit that most new signers prefer.

This past weekend, I didn't achieve a whole lot but I did get to sleep a
lot and EAT a lot. Better keep that in check. Stress, lack of sleep and
overeating not a good idea ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've seen that guy quite often and warned him that if he draws my portrait, it is the last one he will ever draw. Definitely mentally disabled, especially the way he mumbles to himself through the entire sketch.