Thursday, October 04, 2007

"It is what it is..."

My friend Cookie, he's a riot! But he also always has the best lines.
Like one time he explained, "if you don't ask. You don't get!" how very
true.

The pictures are from this exhibit that has "May Peace Prevail On Earth"
in many many languages! There's one in ASL manual alaphabet! I had to
snap bc my pride was beaming! One good thing about this college is they
really support learning a variety of languages not just the standard
norms of German, French and Spanish.

Turns out I am not off for Columbus day :( which sucks cuz a small break
to visit the folks wouldve been nice, tsk!

Am on my way now to student teaching. Tuesday was my 1st day. Already
love the kids. Not sure about the adminstration or the teacher who is
mentoring me bc it seems she's learning from me not the other way
around. Must email Rusty to ask some questions about student teaching
requirements. The last thing I want is to log the hours and there not
usable, ya know?

Yesterday while teaching at the college I realize something kinda
embarrassing. You see b4 I go to work there, I often pick up a bagel and
diet coke aka my "coffee". So yesterday I got a seamese bagel with cream
cheese and loxs. Which btw was YUMMY. Then I taught my class, gave a
student a make up test and then went to the rest room. After I finished
my business I went to wash my hands so ofc we all check ourselves in the
mirror. And much to my horror, I saw 1, only 1 seaseme seed on the very
left corner of my mouth. But it didn't look like a seamese seed but
rather a LARGE WHITE HEAD (pimple!) ugh how could I have walked around
for 4 hrs with that hanging from my mouth? Gawd! No way would that
happen in real life and I mustve looked so disgusting! Ugh! But do do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, no one could be funnier than you, even when you don't mean to be funny, i.e. the sesame seed. Embarrassing, yes, but funny? oh, yes. From now on, I suggest you check your appearance BEFORE class! But, oc you know that now. You're one heckova kid.