Monday, April 28, 2008

I am a victim of Chase Bank....

The drama continues...

Well according to Chase bank located on 125th street next to Old Navy, they've decided I am a moron and can be cheated out of $160.

See what happened was on 4/4/08 I made a deposit (cash) of $160 and it went thru, no problem. This was after I cashed a small paycheck to save time and have cash on hand. I decided to do the same thing the following week on 4/11/08. I again made the same deposit of $160 and checked periodically over the weekend, the following Monday and Tuesday waiting for the deposit to go through. Each time I checked, it stated my available balance was X and my present balance was X + $160, so I didn't keep my deposit receipt thinking it would be available by Wednesday and I was getting ready for Passover at that time too, plus I was sick. So Wednesday comes along and viola, NO $160 in my account, as a matter of fact it disappeared! GONE! I was extremely upset and immediately emailed the bank asking them to investigate in the matter. In my email I stated I made the same deposit amount the week before (I was thinking that every time I cashed a paycheck, I would make a deposit of $160 or more regularly for bills, etc etc..) and that my 2nd deposit 1 week later had DISSAPPEARED. So I get a reply stating I must be mistaken (aka a moron) to confuse the date of 4/4th from 4/11th and I had already stated in the email there were 2 TWO deposits made in a week span for the same amount! Basically asking me to contact them if I had any more concerns?!?

Hello, I am out of $160 ofc I have CONCERNS. So I decided to go online using relay to call and speak to a live rep. This rep was a DICK. He kept telling me I only made 1 deposit and I was like NO (asshole!) I made 2 deposit. He then says unless you have a receipt...I tell him what difference does a receipt make you're own computer shows I made a deposit for 4/11 (He told me it was noted in the logs) and I was in PA for Passover. He encouraged me to go to the bank and discuss it with the bank manager with my receipt.

Fast forward, I arrived back to NYC last Wednesday and the first thing I did was go through the trash cans hoping it was still there, but knowing that it wasn't because I am a stickler for trash and take it out every chance I get, wouldn't you if you lived on the 1st floor?

The weekend past by and Jack says he'll help me write a letter to the Chase Bank President because honestly if I go into the bank itself, they will think I am just trying to con them. The bank location is kind of shitty and the clientale isn't exactly upscale, usually there's a homeless man camped out next to this branch and it reeks of urine. I don't think they will believe me even though there are CAMERAs in the ATM area and I counted the $$$ on the stupid deposit slip counter while filling out the deposit slip. I am not sure what I should do next? If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do, pls leave me a post in the comment section.

I am quite upset with Chase because I've NEVER had a problem with them before but lesson learned, if you want to deposit cash, do it in person, never through the atm. I know $160 may not seem like a lot to some people but to me, it makes a HUGE difference to me :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, man! I'm sorry for what you had to go through all that crap. Yeah, it is always a good idea to have deposit slip receipt with you for a week or two before recycle it.

That's what I always do is for one reason, we cannot trust strangers out there what they are doing, they can easily make mistakes or even computers with glitch issues, etc, too but I know mostly it's humans.

Worse nightmares is when you walk into a teller who is in training! :-) I hope everything will be straighten out somehow.

-SG