Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Passover right around the corner!

Well its that time of year again, Passover!
Brisket, matzo ball soup, oh my! Well
I'm finally getting a "vacation" since last
January. You see my jobs (2 pt are both at
college level) and my student teaching had
their spring breaks at different times so I
never got any time off since. So now I'm
taking it off. Sure ill missing 1 day of student
teaching and 1 day of teaching my undergrad
students but I need it.

I was telling Baba that lately I feel like
Humpty Dumpty. That "all the King's
horses and all the King's men, couldn't
put Humpty Dumpty back together again."
Meaning its been 1 thing after another,
first I fell like a month ago and banged my
knee up good! Then I had a bad head cold
which went away. Days later I developed
a bad chest cold and finally that's almost
gone. That's part of the reason why I'm so
behind in my blog. Between being sick, paper
work and all of my jobs. It left me with
little motivation to blog. But knowing
that Jack & I leave tmw morning for PA
has lifted my spirits tremendously!

Some bad news that's occurred since
I last wrote.

#1 got my taxes done, and guess what?! I
owe taxes! Can you believe it? I made
ONLY 14K due to student teaching and
not having enough steady work for 2007.
My job at the SLC didn't DEDUCT taxes,
Grr! I remember when they told me that
I was concerned bc whenever I fill out
my W-4 forms, I always claim 0. That
way the government takes out as much
as possible ahead of time. Usually this
allows for a refund but not this year.
Nope I owe $237. I've never owed the IRS
before and it really surprised me when
the accounted finished preparing my taxes.
What's worse is I called the IRS to set up
a payment plan and they wanted to charge
me $105 just to set up a payment plan.
Hello! That's almost half of what I owe.
So the woman who I spoke to on the ph
thru relay suggested I let the IRS bill
me and pay the small fee that will be
slapped on my balance. I guess that's what
I'm gonna have to do.

#2 the bed Jack and I got recently is
wrecking my back :( I've taken to sleeping
on the floor to alleviate the back ache
I've been having for a week now. I will
see the doctor today at 2pm for my back.
Most likely get a referral for a chiropractor.
We will probably sell the bed for a new one.
I think no more futons but a real bed, with
a frame, box spring and a GOOD mattress.

#3 I probably won't be able to bring my cat
Tom back to NYC till June or so. Where I
moved to doesn't allow pets or probably
has a pet deposit fee that Jack & I don't
have right now. We agreed its better to
wait till June to get settled and then
bring Tom back. But I've been apart from
Tom since x-mas and I miss my kitty
bastard! I miss him following me around
and rubbing up against my legs. I even miss
his moody mood swings! I'm just gonna
have to get my "cat fix" while I'm at
Moms. And the rest of the time, I can
always visit Cleo and Fool at Cains apt.

But I also have some good news

For a VERY VERY early bday gift, Baba
ordered me a "gate table" and "revolving
island cart" from surprisesurprise.com,
Check it out, click on 5 Boroughs for
the pictures. I wanted this gate table
bc it saves a LOT of space, Knob had 1
and I'm thrilled to have 1 of my own!

Another piece of good news is Jack's health
ins can be used by me as well! Which means
I can finally go to the doctor as needed or
get rxs with a small co-pay!

Lastly the kids/students films are comming
along nicely. They should be done and edited
by June.

That about catches you up about my life
for the past few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
chiropractors quack like ducks. they are not real doctors. find a good d.o. who can do your back. my insurance takes it if billed as an omt not office visit. its well worth it. good luck see you this wknd?
love, nancy

Kate O. Breen said...

sarah referred me to one i really liked. the day after, I felt like a new person after some proper relingement. lmk if you want the contact info - he's a little expensive but worth it, he's had few deaf patients like me.

few years ago I owed taxes and agreed on paying installments - I don't remember having to set up a payment plan and pay for one. weird.