Sunday, April 19, 2009

A kind soul

There's a man in Harlem. An older gentlemen
who when the weather permits, often draws/
writes inspiring messages on the sidewalk
aimed to young men and women who live in
Harlem. I've seen him 2xs. I realized he does it
early in the morning like 630-7am when its
still quiet and leaves different msgs on different
blocks on Lennox Ave. Usually between 125th
and 130th. One time I approached him to tell
him he was a wonderful human being to do this.
He said he wants to go to the different schools
and talk to the youngsters about the
importance of Education and to be good to
one another but the schools do not invite him.
What a shame. Here's a man who has tons of
wisdom to share and he's turned away from the
schools :( so what he does instead is this. And
this I think speaks volume!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This man is an inspiration. Too bad that often when wisdom comes in unexpected guise, it's often not appreciated. I'm glad you spoke to him. I'm sure he found it encouraging. Baba