Monday, April 20, 2009

No Hulu Noooooooo!

I am depending on you Hulu to keep my sanity the next few weeks till my thesis is DONE! Tonight I went happily to your site and was soooooo sad to see the most recent episode of Celebrity Apprentice isn't closed captioned. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
:males:
See when Hulu came into my life, I didn't give them much thought. I figured they'd let me down like the other major players (Netflix, ABC, NBC, etc) with their online viewing content and providing CC/subtitles. But to my surprised last fall, they DID have CC episodes of shows I acTuALLy wanted to see. Sure not everything on that website is CC, a Deafie can dream can't she? This was me after being Hulu-ized :<span class= :love::<span class=This is me after being semi drenched from the rain tonight on my way home from work and to find zero chance to see my anticipated show!
:nyerah:

Since the Superbowl commercials, I do not get a quick or personal response from them anymore and I am worried they are going to follow the directions of these other major players and leave us deafies out in the dusk. And yes I am aware they are owned by FOX. I've already emailed them about the new tv show Sit Down and Shut Up not being available with CC and got this automated reply;

Hi I am deaf and I use Hulu all the time. I LOVE this website its the only one that gives any decent variety of shows with CC! I want to see the new show "Sit Down and Shut Up" but its not closed caption. Will the future episodes be cc?
Thank you
-DC

This was their reply;

Hi,

Thanks for writing. We're always interested in hearing from you, and we'll try to respond as quickly as possible. We can't answer every e-mail we receive, but we read them all. If you need an answer to a question or support for an issue, we recommend scanning our FAQ first as it addresses the most common inquiries.


http://www.hulu.com/support


We also have some specific e-mail addresses set up to handle certain issues. Using one of these e-mail addresses, when appropriate, will get your note the proper attention more quickly.

Thanks,

The Hulu Team
hulu.com

I sure hope I do get a real reply within the next few days. The last few times I've emailed them since the Superbowl, I havent. Compared to the nice one I got last November;


Hi (DC),

We have coverage on a portion of our catalog, but it looks like Fringe isn't captioned at this time. We know the coverage could be better. The closed-captioning data that's used for broadcast TV isn't easily translated for online use, so we're investigating alternative solutions to boost our closed-captioning library.

On shows where closed captioning is available, you'll see a "cc" button to the left of the volume control. Click on that and select the appropriate language and closed captions will display.

We also offer a default setting for closed captioning, and it will turn on captioning whenever it's available. To activate this setting, go to the Privacy & Settings tab in your Hulu profile (hulu.com/users/settings). You'll find a Closed Captioning box on the left. Select "yes" to automatically run closed captioning whenever you play a video that offers this feature.
You can easily find closed captioned videos by browsing our Most Popular (http://www.hulu.com/popular/videos/today) and Recently Added (http://www.hulu.com/recent/videos) lists, both accessible from the Hulu home page. At the bottom of the column on the left side of the page, you'll find a "Special Features" filter; select "Closed Captioning" to display only the videos with captioning. You can also find this filter on our search results pages.

Thanks,

-R
Hulu

So Hulu folks, if you're reading this, come on, bring the LOvE, CC backkkkkk so we can be this again

:love:


No comments: