Thursday, April 02, 2009

L2 updates

Well I think I found several researchers who
have done studies on L2 (2nd Language Learners)
Which will help me tremendously! The difficulty
Im currently facing is ACCESS to the research
articles themselves. I've gone as far as to contact
1 researcher through 2 different email address
I found through google. Yes that's right. I emailed
a complete stranger (I think? Not sure if we ever
met bc she's a deafie too) and explained that
Im currently finishing my thesis and my research
topic is parallel to hers. The only difference is hers
was based on I think teenagers. Mine is based
on adults. And of course different methods
of the research process too.

Im still "phantom"-ingly kicking myself for misplacing
that USB stick! Every now and then I close my eyes
and TRY to remember where it is?

6 subjects LOST.

Do I during the very last weekend of May take a
quick trip to PA and if found I could turn in a
decent paper that I feel meets my standards?
Or do I risk the opportunity not to be focus
because I will be completely out of my academic
environment and my 'thesis' mindset is here.

Part of the hazard of ADD and no meds was
disorganization is FULL-BLOWN, I can
testify to that :] I just accept it for what it is.
And hone in the positives of ADD such as the
times when im super focused. Sometimes I
admit I feel like what's wrong with me that I
need a stimulant in order to be able to function
and get things done? That knowing what my
weaknesses are should have been enough.
But after returning from spring break that
Monday when I took the ADD med I felt a
sense of relief.
And
I was more productive that day than I had
been in weeks!

No comments: