Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tedium

I learned a new word today
Tedium ~ "the quality or state of being wearisome; irksomeness; tediousness"
Lately for the past week or more the drudgery of the daily grind is really getting to me and unfortunately makes me unhappy. My fall semester is not ideal for me as a person with ADD we need stability and schedules to help us stay on track and get things done. But my current schedule of working morning to night 3 days a week M-F, then off 4 days is setting me back royally! You see when one has ADD it can be very tiring to have to have to expand that amount of focus in such a short amount of time. Cramming in 5 classes & tutoring at 3 different campuses, and me visiting at least 2 locations per day no wonder I'm a zombie on Thursdays!
Everyone keeps telling me how lucky I am to have this schedule. They have no idea how miserable its making me. My insonmia is at an all time high because it takes me forever to unwind when I get home from work then I get to bed late and have to wake up fairly early for me to work again all day long! I may just have to use Thursdays as the day where I just sleep & do nothing because I don't see how anything can change between now and Decemeber?
Also not having a computer of some kind at home also makes life difficult. I was able to use Goddess Rose's yesterday to get some work done but that's another thing I realized. In the past when I did work at home, I would alternate between working & cleaning which kind of helped keep me on track at home but now I'm not really do either as much as I should.
I don't mean to complain and I realize this certainly isn't the end of the world but its where I'm at right now. I just hope my blahs don't turn into a real depressive state. So far I've been staying busy & social to avoid this happening. It will be good to see my family next weekend which always lifts my spirits.

No comments: