Thursday, September 20, 2012

A speed bump on the road of love

Recently my new love life has faced its first roadblock. This difference of opinions is good for me because it makes me re-evluate my views on the topic as a whole.
But because of us being in a LDR (Long Distance Relationship) the normal stages of a new relationship most couples experience in close proximity is not th same for LDRs.
Our communication options are limited currently to texts and emails with webcam possibilities not too far off in the future. Plus factor in we both have busy lives away from each other, so the frequency of quality time spent together is also limited. It makes us slow down and have real discussions both text and in person. I'm thrilled that my grumpy Sunshine is the one pushing for compromises and finding solutions that work for both of us. As well as taking our time in this matter.
While at first this difference of opinion had me worried because of my ADD laddled brain and the tendency to obsess. I was kind of freaking out all around the past few days despite my grumpy Sunshine being pretty communicative. That is until yesterday...then all of a sudden MIA. Oh man I really didn't need that on my worst work day and I'm already having ADD laced anxious thoughts for the past few days it was not a great day for me yesterday. Finally he contacted me kind of late last night. Said he was sorry he had me worried and we texted today keeping things related to other topics. I realize he's the kind of man when something important occurs he needs time to digest/process it which is hard for me. Because I'm the kind who wants to fix things straight away. It can be unbearable waiting when its constantly on my mind. I do not enjoy this aspect of my ADD and need to learn how to cope better. This is why despite feeling uncomfortable with this roadblock it sure did bring to light how my ADD can affect me in romantic relationships. It has made me reflect on my previous relationships and how my ADD at times caused me unnecessary grief. And I want to learn how to break this habit or at least when I see my ADD getting in the way, how to react differently in the future? 

No comments: