Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Finding my niche

I recently joined Facebook.com, was a
great site! Way better than MySpace.com
any day, I could never get into myspace.com!
I've already reconnected with several old
high school friends like Mama Zee and
John Y! Thank you Szymanski for
recommending it to me.

Today Blondie takes her SCPI (signing
competency profiecency interview) at
Lexington School for the Deaf, make
sure to send her good rocking vibes! Like
me she's not a great test taker, often
will panic.

Been mad crazy with work and getting
the needed paperwork today. I'm mad
at myself cuz I left home without my
bank card which means after I'm done
teaching in NJ, I gotta run back to my
apt and then to Brooklyn for the
fingerprinting. I got the TB test done
with and made copies of the results
last nite for Rusty. He meets with the coordinators at the school I'm to
student
teach at today and I'm hoping to get an
email from him by late afternoon letting
me know what the status is?

Today for my class, we will be reviewing
Unit 1 info for the first test which will
be Monday. I have broken it down to 4 parts
1- ASL linguistic terms like reception skills,
topic/comment structure, etc., etc..
2- Deaf culture, the two major views
(pathological vs cultural), why Hearing
Impaired isn't acceptable, etc etc
3- Reception skills, I will sign vocabs,
or phrases they will have a multiple
choice to choose from
4- Production skills, the students will
be paired up for dialogues and well as
respond to questions I may ask them

They also did pretty good on their
fingerspelling quiz last Monday. One of
my students got a 100%, she seems like
the classic type A personality. She always
emails me, sends me her homework early,
even notified me when and what time our
final exam would be in Decemeber. The
ironic thing is I have 25 students and I
don't know which one is her. Today when
I hand back the quizzes, I look forward to connecting faces with their
names.

I know I keep saying it but I LOVE this
job. I finally found my niche!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't find you on facebook. :(

--hilary

Anonymous said...

hey there yea i love myspace and facebook. 2 great sites :) miss ya xo