Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm awake, I think?

Snapped some photos will at AMC last week, not very exciting I know. The
snap of the tv screen is the view with Whoopi Goldberg. I was in the
same building while the View was being shot, damn why didn't I run into
Whoopi?

"Perfume: The Story of Murder" is the movie Blondie, Szymanski and I
watched last Saturday nite based on Eddie's recommendation (which he
fell asleep about 20 mins into the movie.) While it started off quite
well, the ending was flat. It was filmed (the angles of the shots)
excellent but again the ending really disappointed me. And the movie was
too LONG. My advice, wait for it to come on basic cables, this is not a
netflick que material.

Saturday's 1st class went well. I love my new students, all women and
all very nice. They enjoyed the ASL dice game. I found that technique on
YouTube, just type into the search box "ASL games/activities." There's a
guy from Hawaii who has several posted suggestions. Basically how it (ASL Dice Game)
works is several ways but the students take turns rolling the dice.
Whatever nbr they land on is the nbr of signs they must use. Now
depending on their level of skills you can do the following;

For beginners with limited vocabs, have them sign the exact nbr shown on
the dice

Ex. Dice comes up as 3, the student could sign

(Beginners) "TEACHER, CLASS, LEARN" - 3 separate signs they know

For intermediate have them do sentences
"DRINK WATER (you) WANT?"

For advance have them take turns adding to a story "MAN FELL (down)
STAIRS...." then the next student rolls (for example, gets 5 on the
dice) adds, "HE CRY, WHY HURT BAD" and so on...

Now if the students are being creative with their sentences or making a
story, simply add elements to it. Like I suggested for 1 story on
Saturday to include a NUN & a PUNK, another one had MICHAEL JACKSON and
BARNEY (the purple dinosaur). It made funny stories and the students
laugh. Plus I encouraged them to use topic comment format when doing
sentences.

Btw I have an announcement to make

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MOM! I was a bad daughter the other day and it
slipped my mind with all the jobs and so forth. I have never in years
ever forgotten her bday so I felt bad. Even she wrote to me not to but
still she's my Mom and I love her to pieces. Sorry Mom, the card is
being mailed out today. I owe you lunch later this fall when I come into
town.

Well I'm almost to work, this a.m. I hit the alarm 5 xs then finally got
up. But the good news is, I'm actually getting to bed earlier. By 10pm
now I'm already tired. 10pm feels like 3am to me now and days. Maybe my
body's sleep schedule will actually change? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really interesting blog. Don't feel too bad about forgetting Mom's B'Day. Everyone forgets inportant things every now and then. It's called human error!

deafeningchameleon said...

Hi Baba
Well I got the card now out in the mail, so she should get it within the next few days!
Love
Me