Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lazy Bastard, the Happy Hamster

My roommate has a pet hamster name Lazy Bastard. He's a long hair kind,
reddish brown. And I help take care of him when she's not here. Which is
most of the time considering she's a flight attendance. On my "list to
do" is change the bedding in his cage during my day off tmw. Right now
he's happily running around in his blue ball for exercise. He's such a
nice pet. I've lived with Rabbits and a Ferrett in the past but didn't
enjoy them the same way I enjoy Lazy Bastard. He's a sweetie. I often
buy pre cut veggies like carrots, brocolli and celery for snacks or
sometimes I get nuts and seeds. When I do, I always share my stash with
Lazy Bastard. Tho tonight was the 1st time I gave him a cherry tomato,
they can eat a little but not a lot. I just went to check and he ate
some so I threw the rest out. I don't want to make him sick.

Well the student teaching has been confirmed but not officially started.
Makes me realize its not gonna be an easy year with the pace this school
works at in terms of promptness. Oh well, I will grin and bear it if it
means getting my MA! I'm to begin next Tuesday. We will see.

Last night I said goodbye to the twins for good. I had maxed out with
them. 8 months is a long time to work with the same kids. I can see why
the school year is just long enough. My experience in the education
field does show that 8 to 10 month periods is my limit. Then I need new
challenges (ie new students, or teaching levels) they were so sweet. I
will especially miss the boy. He was the one I would love to call my
own. I hope he and his sister both have good lives. Luckily a friend
will be working with them. So maybe this winter or spring I can visit
them? See see, their foster mom was cool. I think it was hard for her to
see me leave. She's a tough lady but I like her and what she does with
her life impresses me. Makes me strive even more to consider being a
foster parent or adopting in the future. I truly believe in being a part
of the solution rather than the problem.

Hmm what else is new? Miss my folks back home. It is possible I may have
Columbus weekend off next week. If that's the case, Id love to catch a
train down to PA for the weekend. I won't know till Sunday probably.

Its been a good week overall. Flew right by, tmw is already Friday.

No comments: