Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Penn Station early in the morning

Is quite a sight! Seeing all these
people with circles under their eyes,
wearing suits, dressy skirts rushing
off to their desinations. I ofc being
paranoid that I will miss the train
was out of the apt by 6 15am! I don't
want to chance being late and ended
up at Penn Station by 6 45am. I found
a great place for bagel with cream
cheese and lox per Jack's suggestion,
YUMMY and only cost $2.19 which in
NYC standards is CHEAP! My train
doesn't leave till 7 19am.

Still haven't found out if I'm student
teaching but I still need to get my TB
shot done. After I'm back from NJ,
that's the next thing on my "to do list"
for today before hitting Queens tonite
to tutor the twins.

Jack started his new job. He seems very
happy, it is run by Muslim. This ought
to be interesting, I wonder if they have
as many days off as the Jews do for
their holiday. I know they pray 3xs a
day, I must ask Jack if they maintain
that during working hours?

I got this wonderful email from Ronnie
yesterday that was "written" by her
Son, who's a year plus old. It made me
laugh like this part "my favorite thing
to do are be read books and to read
books to others and DaNCE! I'm telling
you I'm hot stuff! No other toddler my
age knows as many dance moves as
I do. Afterall you know my Mom (Ronnie)
and Dad (Doogie Howser MD) met on
the dance floor- it runs in my blood."
So cute, makes me want to have a
baby admist my pms. Hmm, best to
keep that to myself, don't want Jack
running in the opposite directions ;) and
only if I have a baby as cute and sweet
as Ronnie did!

Hmm what else? Lets see this saturday
I start teaching level 4 at the SLC from
12 30 to 3. I'm looking forward to returning
to the SLC, I've been on a break for 4
weeks now from there.

I'm also a little annoyed with aslpro.com..
I set up an acct with them for my
students in my class today so they
could practice their reception skills based
on a list of vocabulary they were taught.
But neither my students nor I can log in
to the site. I've emailed them so I'm
hoping for a speedy reply? Their site is
wonderful so I am bummed to be having
trouble with it after a 1 1/2 years of
excellent services.

My co worker Sam asked me about
my movies. It hit me, I haven't been
able to do any editing lately. I'm gonna
try to work on PAWs this Friday after
I go to Brooklyn for fingerprinting. Can
you believe they charge the teachers
$115 for that! I never heard! My god,
what a scam by the city. According to
Rusty the city just implemented that
last spring 2007. Me think its a bogus
way for the city to gain funds. In MD I
had fingerprints and a background check
yearly and at no cost. For once MD has
one up on NYC!

Oh yeah I wanted to comment on
Britney Spears recent performance the
other night where she's being ripped
to shreds by her weight. Hello, I saw
the photos, she looked TERRIFIC for
someone who had 2 babies. She was tanned, bodacious (sp?) and fabulous.
But her
performace from the online videos
shows she didn't perform well. But
that's no reason for the critics to
trash her for being a beautiful woman.
Britney, I've never listened to your music
as I was too old when you came out. I
found your popularity at times to be
annoying but this past year. With the
media hounds siccing you, I feel sorry
for you. You must be ""K-fed" up! (Pun
intended!) you are beautiful so keep
your chin up!

Lastly yesterday was the 6th
anniversary of 9/11.. I remember it like
it was yesterday but the feeling of
shock and tragedy isn't as intense as
it was the first few years following
9/11.. I remember for weeks after 9/11
happened, if I saw a plane I would get
nervous. Besides working at MSD-Columbia Campus, we were right next to
BWI..
I worried on 9/11 that we would also
have terrorist that left or attacked
BWI. Ironically one of the suicide attackers
stayed in Laurel, MD only a 1/4 of a mile
from where I lived there for 3 years. I
would passed this one small Mosque
everyday and wonder if one of the
terrorist went to service there? I
would wonder if the members of the
Mosque knew anything about these plans.
I know its wrong because there's no
evidence showing otherwise but you
gotta wonder tho. I still feel "Flight 93"
is the best 9/11 movie out there. I
also am angry because people only seem
to remember the victims of the towers
and at the Pentagon. At least the members
of Flight 93 tried their best to get
control of the plane back. While the
world remembers the towers, I choose to remember these heroes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

African-American Muslims, actually. Big difference.

I do enjoy working with a group of blacks that are extremely well-spoken and hardworking vs. the "yos" who choose to follow racist stereotypes propogated by the media. At this office the latter is severely frowned upon.

deafeningchameleon said...

I never said they were Arabs, just that they were Muslims. I didn't want to write Black or African American because it might seem racist. But you on the otherhand can do so:)
-DC

Anonymous said...

Yeah, one thing we both share is carrying more than one "card" ;)

Anonymous said...

flight 93 was amazing indeed. "world trade center" sucked, imo

just my 2 cents :)

deafeningchameleon said...

Yeah Jack said the same thing about the "world trade center" so I didn't even bother to watch it because apparently most of the scenes take place in an area with two characters are trapped under the rubble.
-DC