Monday, September 18, 2006

Hmm tasty!

Been mulling over an idea for a new script to do later this fall, probably during the holidays when I am not working as much. It will probably be 5 to 10 mins long. I am planning to ask one of my deaf-blind friends to star in it. It would be easy to shoot because so few characters and the locations are few as well.

I will admit, I am feeling kinda bummed lately for the lack of progress with my film editing. I haven't taken the IMAC out of the box sinced I moved in. My Sweetie unpacked it for me this weekend but it hasnt been plugged in or turned on. It only serves as a reminder for what hasnt been completed. I know I have been tending to my responsibilities the last few months (finding a place to live, acquiring more jobs...) still its a disappointment to myself when people ask me how it is going with the movie editing? I have decided that SDI is gonna take forever do to the voice overs (still have 3 people left to do). I will go ahead and begin editing PAWs with I-Movie instead of FCP because the scenes themselves do not require any extensive editing.

I was also not feeling too good this weekend. I did get to visit Eddie some on Saturday nite with the Tin Man and Szymanski. Yesterday met up with Szymanski and we went to Soho area for a few hours.

I have no more boxes left to unpack, just a question of organizing things. I feel pretty much settled and Tom is loving all the space he has. Everyone remarks how much nicer he is at the new apt. He didnt bite my Sweetie all weekend! Thats unusual for him. He loves a juicy tender bit of arm with just the right amount of hair to sink his teeth into. One of the tail signs is when he goes and licks you, because basically he's thinking "hmm, tasty!"

This Friday I head to PA for the weekend. It will be nice to take a break from NYC and see the folks back home. Tonight I meet up with Blondie and Szymanski for some Indian Marsala Chicken, yum!

Tmw is my first tutoring session for one student in regards to Math. I am looking forward to it and completing my paperwork at HR. I forgot my SS card last week so tmw I gotta bring it. Already took a marker and made a HUGE X on the back of my hand to remind myself to pack it in my purse tonight.


The Tin Man moved my TV to the living room but the cable line is too short (and I think chewed up?) so I am using it mostly for VHS/DVDs. I got to watch American Movie with the Tin Man. I love that movie, the main guy is this struggling film maker who has this Uncle Bill who helps finance the money. My favorite lines (cheesy stuff) is the script lines the filmmaker writes and has his uncle Bill recite "It's alright, its okay! You have something to live for. Jesus told me so." they did 30 some takes before the Uncle Bill quit. He couldnt seem to say all the lines without inserting, "umm..." here and there. Hysterical!



We also watched the lame ass movie Mystery Men. At times it was hilarious but about 2/3rds of the way into the movie we had to stop watching it. We just couldnt take it any more, the lame story lines.

Having the TV in the living room has help me to watch a lot less tv and actually read more in my bedroom. I know in the past having the tv in my room often causes me to go to bed later because I just can't resist catching the end of a show or movie and suddenly its 3 or 4 am! This week I plan to finish watching "Koko the signing Gorilla" and Ghandi the movie.

a'ight back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol mystery men was awesome!

:(

on the topic of movies, i just saw christian bale in "the machinist" for the 10th time and i must say that movie is just too fucking amazing.

xo