Wednesday, September 13, 2006

These past few days

have been a blur! Monday nite's 9/11 film gig went well. I was tired but I enjoyed the event and being with deafies. I realize this summer I have been mostly in "hearing" mode. I need to strike a balance between the two.

The other day when I posted the bit about Jews being stereotyped as money grubbers or cheap I wanted to show that not all Jews have or come from money. As a matter of fact up till the 1900s, most Jews in Europe were farmers. When they came to this country to escape perscution in Russia and all around in Europe as well as the Holocaust they settled mostly in NYC and Boston. Since they were limited to where they could live and farming isnt really an option in the city environment they had to form new trades. There have always been some Jews who were wealthy none like any other race or nation. But a majority like me work hard every day to make an honest living. The only advantage the Jews may have over the Christians or other Western religion, is our religion (Judaism) encourages education and thinking for one's self. It is up to each generation to interpret the Torah with a fresh perspective and how it applies to their lives today. The Christians notorious for the dark and middle ages kept their masses ignorant by having only those in power, (church leaders, etc) learn how to read and write. Thus forced the masses to heed to whatever they said. I think this hurt a lot of gentiles for centuries. Judaism would fall under Eastern religion if it were not for the fact there is a diety involved (G-d). I like Eastern philosphy a lot because again it encourages thinking, retrospection, analyias etc etc. I am a big fan of Confucius. I thought his life story was fascinating. If you ever get a chance to brush up on his background and how his beliefs like Jesus, Muhammad, Ghandi and others influence the public during their time, I gaurentee you, you will no longer consider him to be limited to fortune cookies!

Yesterday met up with 2 of my supervisors and took care of paperwork for Human Resources. Spent most of my afternoon there. Last night I focused on my room, switching summer clothes for winter clothes, organizing my drawers, hanging stuff up. Then I moved some of the smaller furniture around to create space and allow me to further unpack personal stuff like perfume, hair products, lotions etcetc. All the things a woman needs to live in NYC. The last thing I have to organize is my "office/computer" stuff. I want to make some kind of nook or cranny where I can edit in the living room, that still has to be figured out. I also need one end table for next to my bed for reading etc etc. The one I have is too big that the door to the room can't close. The other one too small. Like Goldilocks I haven't found the one "that just right."

Right now I am at work, then I will meet my Sweetie after work. I can't wait, havent seen him since the weekend. We will hit BrawdyVille tonight as well. Here's a promo that Joe Joy did for you to review.

Today is MOM's Birthday, happy birthday MOM!!!

No comments: