Friday, September 22, 2006

While sleeping last night

I woke up vaguely to feel the coolness in my room and in a weird way, its one of the reasons why I love fall. The coziness of being under the blanket and snuggling with Tom or the Tin Man when hes there makes me very happy. I am the most romantic in the fall out of all 4 seasons. The smell of fire burning and leaves changing are wonderful! Its not majorly significant in the grand scheme of things, but it makes me happy to be alive and to be in love with someone who I care for as deeply as I do for the Tin Man. He s a great hugger and isnt afraid of PDA. I cant stand people who yank their hands from their partner or refuse to kiss in public, not the kisses that people utter "go get a hotel kids!" But rather a quick peck on your sweeties lips because they're irrestible. My Sweetie has these great full lips. He has no idea how handsome he truly is.


Wednesday nite I popped in Battlestar Galactica opening season disc 1. I LOVED the story line. The Tin Man was telling me how great the show was and I was like *yawns*. Because I tried to watch it last year when it premired but its one of those shows you have to watch from the beginning episode otherwise you're lost. I have a new sci fi story to get lost into. I must add its very well done. The Tin Man is ordering the 2nd DVD for us to watch together. I cant wait!
Yesterday work went well. I mostly took the time to refresh up my memory on fractions (adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying) as well as converting fractions to % and % to whole nbrs. I also got a list of useful formulas for how to figure out the area, radius, circumferences etc etc.. Now I have to find a way to explain it to someone who doesn't understand. Thats the real challenge.

When I got home from work, I immediately started my laundry before my trip to PA today. Let me tell you something, its hard doing laundry with 6 flights of stairs both ways! Whats worse is one of the washers seemed stuck on rinse so after an extra 30 mins of waiting for the 2nd washer, I caved in and pulled out the soak towels and tried to squeeze out the excess water. I did those 6 flights of stairs approx 6 times! When my sweetie arrived, I txt msg him to please pick up some Thai chicken coconut soup and to grab the laundry, the wet towels, (tho by the 3rd time in the dryer they were just damp) out of the dryer and he did.

I also watched Survivors last night, I missed the 1st episode but it seems the tribes are divided by race. There are 4 tribes, Latino/Hispanic, White/European American, Black/African American and Asian/Asian Americans. I am curious which tribe out of the 4 retain the most members? I was sad to see the discrimination within the Latino/Hispanic tribe how they voted out one guy name Billy because he wasn't gung-ho, Spanish-speaking commarade they wanted him to be. Instead he is in a metal band and prefers the heavy metal culture. Another incident was within the Asian/Asian American group where one of the members performed as a stereotypical Asian accent that the other tribe members did not like. They didnt want that images perputated by this guy even tho he thought it might give them an advantage when faced by other tribes. That they would be fooled into thinking he wasnt very smart.

Today grab some brunch with the Tin Man before boarding the train to Lancaster. It was a smooth trip. Dozed off a little but luckily my pager has an alarm that I can use set on vibrations, so I wouldnt worry about missing my stop. Baba picked me up, we returned home for supper and yakked for a few hours about her maternal and paternal grandparents. It was very interesting and dinner made by Baba, DELISH! I will make it for the Tin Man and Joe Joy when they come to PA this November for the annual Greek Bazar weekend. I love for the pastitsio and honey balls!

No comments: