Sunday, September 24, 2006

See Food?

Remember that old joke kids would tell each other? "Do you like seafood?" and when you would answer "yes" the kid would stick out his tongue with bits of food and reply "see food!" while grossing you out!

Anyhoo I took Mom yesterday to Red Lobster in York for a belated birthday lunch. We both order snow crab legs (Mom got the King crab legs) and we feasted like royalty! Then I slipped into a food coma for an hour before we went to visit Nancy and Bobby and run some errands.

We also watched Galaxy Quest which we had both seen numerous times but it never fails not to make us laugh! I especially like the aliens they were trying to help (the way they walked, and laughed.)My Mom's Tv doesnt have CC because it was built before the law required built in caption decoders on TV sets. So when we want to watch something we are always limited to only DVDs that have English subtitles.

Today got up and went to the thrift store that I favor and unfortunately it was slim picking today. I asked the sales lady before leaving if it was me or did it seem like the selection was limited? She explained a bunch of people just quit so they werent processing things as quickly as possible to get them out on the floor. I was only able to snag 1 top and a pair of courdory pants, good for cooler weather. I also gave Mom a Barnes and Nobles gift certificate. My family have always been readers, no one home is complete without a bookcase(s) of books. Otherwise it seems like an empty house.

Came back home and got my things packed. I am taking the 5:21pm train back to NYC where my Sweetie will pick me up. The visit this weekend overall was very nice and relaxing. It always is!

The Tin Man brought over his cat, Kat to my apt this weekend. Seems where he is staying currently till he moves into his apt this October isnt taking good care of his cat. I ordered him to bring over Kat to my place so that he wont have to worry about whether or not she's being fed or taken care of. I hate people who get pets and for whatever reasons decide to get rid of them. Hello they are YOUR pets, your responsibility. If you didnt want to be bothered with an animal, why did you get one at all. To me, my pets are just as important to me as my family or children (if I had any.) Apparently Tom was very amicable and tried to sniff noses with Kat, but she wasnt having any of that and hissed 2xs before walking away. I am very excited to meet Kat tonight. Shes approx 10 years younger than Tom and has never met another cat before. Meanwhile Tom being as wordly as he is, is used to diversity and mingling with numerous cats that this is just one more notch on his belt. I hope Tom is being a good kitty host to Kat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never really like Tim Allen but Galaxy Quest was a great spoof of Star Trek and other sci-fi movies. It makes me laugh every time I see it on tv.

Hope Tom's being a good guest for Kat. :)

Sharpe