Monday, November 27, 2006

1st official review of...

Save the deaf theater at this Znuage blog and I also got the link for an interview with Christy Smith and her experiences with Survivors. Its old news, but for me, I had never seen the video from Deaf Nation, so check it out. I sure do miss Christy, she was a cool chick at Gally and we hit it off like kindred spirits. I hope she is well in Colorado?


Glad to be back in NYC. I do truly consider it to be my home these days. Clyde and I hung around Sunday, watched Garfield's movie "A Tale of Two Kitties" cute. I liked the 1st Garfield movie better.

Not much else to report, the website for my movies is almost done!! Whee and I've contacted several after effect editors for my 1st movie, because damnit, its been 3 long years my friends have been waiting for it and I cannot nor will I delay the completion any longer!

Oh right, I finally saw Ty's movie "The Family Stone." Wow, the clothes were the lamest I had ever seen him in but I know as an actor on a movie set, he had very little say on the wardrobe. But I am proud of Ty, two movies under his belt. Hope more on the way? I did find it ironic that the only diversity the movie included was Ty and his BLACK gay lover. Its always the same story for deafies and Black folks, they get type cast as the deviants from the norms of society and to be embraced by the audience as if they were like everyone else. Helllllll-O, ofc we are like everyone else, is it not 2006? When is Hollywood gonna stop treating Blacks and Deafies as special ed? For example in the movie "Rosemary's baby" it was the Black guy who was the groundkeeper and slighty retarded. Same for "The Green Mile," the one prisoner, a Black man also retarded. *retches* enuff is enuff..

1 comment:

JRS said...

yes

and in reality it's the president who is slightly retarded... go figure.