Monday, November 27, 2006

my hearing aid battery

Would give me away if I ever committed a serious crime. Think about it, all they'd have to do is notify the pharmacy chains, send out a bulletin of a deaf woman, 5 ft 6 inches, 130lbs (ok, 135 lbs), brownish, reddish hair, bluish, greenish eyes, big toothy smile... id be 3 states over and stop by to get diet coke and damnit, on my last hearing aid battery is dying! I'm on the run, trying to elude authorities.

Of course I couldn't listen to the radio, ya know to check in periodically on any news updates. Can't use a non traceable cell phone, same thing, too deaf to use it. Couldn't switch my accent and pretend to be "hearing", its a deaf voice all the way!

I use my hands too much between life and ASL, my fingerprints be all over the damn place. Everyone knows I'm a slob, so of course lots of evidence for "the man" to follow my trail.

Man, CSI sure does give a deafie a lot to think about. I used to major in criminology. I was very interested in learning why some people commit crimes and others don't. Then after a year and 5 classes later. I realized it was a depressing field to be in and knew that reading about it, and learning the theories is fascinating on its own. But real life wouldn't be as exciting or rosy.

No comments: