Thursday, November 09, 2006

Save Deaf Theater

My friend Joe Joy has been working very hard these past few months on a project to save "Deaf Theater." I am in the video and I hope he can bring and raise the awareness for the need to fund deaf related cultural endeavors. You can watch the video at this link;

Save Deaf Theater


Last night's ASL class went really well. Tonight is English Writing class. My students for the most part are almost done with their first essays. Its interesting to read what topics they choose (1st date, traveling, deaf and hearing differences and similarities...) Never in my wildest dream did I ever think I would be teaching writing skills but ofc I love it as I have been a writer all my life. I try to help my students see where there may be confusions or unnecessary words or sentences. The goal is not to be wordy but to be clear so the reader can understand what the writer is trying to say? Next Tues will be my first class with a supervisor observing it. I am already nervous about it. Not because I think I do a lousy job but that I may not be doing what she expects or wants? She's very nice and supportative so I know I am worrying for nothing but I am a perfectionist so of course I worry.

Speaking of perfectionist, my boyfriend will not sign 1 word signs only but he rather sign sentences and phrases. But what he doesnt realize is that by not signing words at all, how can he ever hope to sign sentences? You have to have the basics building blocks in order to put them together and form thoughts. He is trying his best and I appreciate it.

Tmw I plan to edit. Yep nothing is gonna stop me tomorrow. I cannot keep putting off my movies, its ridiculous!

No comments: