Friday, November 24, 2006

Clyde and I arrived to my hometown, in the nasty drizzling rain and cold front. We missed the Thanksgiving dinner, partly because I couldn't get moving so we could get on the road and partly the weather kept us at a safe speed driving wise.

I love the way he drives now. I think he's one of the best drivers I've ever met. When we first starting date, I didn't think so. His old car made me nervous because it didn't feel like anything would stop it if it spun out of control. I like his new car a lot better, its interesting to see how people react when he tells what kind of car he drives. Yeah its a BMW. *yawns* really I don't pay any attention to car makes or whatnots. I am happy if it has 4 wheels and gets me from point A to point B. It could be a cardboard box with wings for all I care. Slap any brandname on it and voila it still a car, you have to pay insurance on and deal with the upkeep. I'm a retired car owner myself. Don't miss it. At the same time, there's perks with dating a guy with a set of wheels, I won't deny that. As long as he wants to remain in the driver seat and me a mere passenger, heck I can live with that!

It was good seeing the folks tonight. My uncle's corn bread pudding, excellent. The turkey too. I didn't get my stuffing fixs because the kind there had mushrooms *retches* mushroom, the horror! The inhumanity!!

Tmw will have lunch with Baba and Clyde before he heads back to NYC for a meeting tmw late afternoon. Then ill head to my Moms place. No way am I getting caught in the whole "Black Friday" deal. Id like to keep all my limbs attached and not have to wrestle some lady over a pair of pants!

I am glad to be here, I needed a break from NYC and my responsibilities. Hope everyone had a wonderful Gobble time!

No comments: