Friday, November 03, 2006

Unwinding at the end of the week is always hard for me. Once I know I'm off the next day, instead of being able to sleep, I become even more wired. I have a bad habit of thinking about several things at once, and getting catch up with my "plans." What I mean by "plans" is anything to do with my life. So far here is what I've been planning;

Reflecting on how teaching went this week and mentally making notes of what I want to do next week.

Drooling about editing (haven't done any since before the cruise- I am not happy)

Planning a private event for later this month (which I'm looking forward to, but a lot of effort team effort among myself and three other deafies).

Thinking about tmw's errands (one involves going to the Bronx UPS store for a pick up).

Making time to see "my partner in crime" Clyde (aka Tin Man).

Making time to see friends, like today I finally had lunch with Blondie. Tmw night I will see Joe Joy. This weekend is Szymanski's bday. Of course this is my precious Greek Bazar weekend and seeing my family :(

But I mostly out of all of my plans, I want to edit and prep lessons for my 5 classes. The syllabus(es) are all done, finally got that monkey off of my back. I think that's what I dislike teaching the most is the LONG term planning of schedule for education related courses.

On a different note, this week of teaching went MUCH better than last week. I actually have had some time to go over the materials used in these classes, and get to know my students more. Plus try different ways of teaching methods.

Another thing I'm extremely pleased is the fact the Clyde has started ASL class last week. I already see some of the benefits from it. Its interesting to see which signs he acquires quickly. Of course the iconic ones are always easy but the abstract signs I'm refering to. For example, when we first started dating, he used "Improve"/ "Decline" sign a lot. Which while not iconic, conceptually makes a lot of sense. He's gonna be a wiz at this anyway because he's very animated by nature. [For hearing standards that is.] Useful for deafies (of course!), it makes the conversation a lot more fascinating. Better than some guy with out any facial expression and a flat, lifeless voice talking. What deafie in their right mind wants to work that hard at lipreading and struggle to understand that kind of hearing person. I mean really, why don't you just put a paper bag over your head?

Ok I got my blog fix and I can try to go to sleep. See see...

No comments: