Sunday, December 14, 2008

A good sense of humor

goes a long way!

Check out this video my 2 students did for their final exam. Quite clever and silly. They know the sign for WIFE! I don't know why they kept fingerspelling it? Otherwise, totally enjoyable ;-)

Am at work today, running the sound/audio booth for an event in the auditorium. Which is good because I am able to watch my student's final exam and prepare a questionnaire based on their videos.

Yesterday Blondie was suppose to meet me around 4ish but she txt me to let me know she wasn't feeling well but that I could come by and visit. So after I finally did 2 weeks worth of laundry and took care of a few errands, I headed downtown to see her and Eddie. It was so good to see her. I missed her so much and we had a lot of catching up to do. Her fever had broken by the time I arrived so she was up for company *whew!* We also watched Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraiser who I used to have a major crush on but I don't seem to anymore. Its interesting how a person's taste changes over time. Ironically he and Jack have the same build, and it made me think of Jack a lot. I am starting to finally get used to being by myself. Anyways we laughed some and it was just nice to be myself with people I care about and just hang out.

The turtles relocation has been postponed till sometime this week or next weekend. All I know is they have to be moved before I leave for xmas/Hannukah break to PA..

This is the last week I will be teaching (actually just giving finals). I am looking forward to the time off. I need to recharge my batteries and come up with lesson plans that are adequate for the size of my classes. That has been the biggest challenge this semester, is finding the right activities that keep all of my students engaged.

Next Sunday I will go to a Hannukah party with my db friend Martin. This will be the 2nd year we've gone together. It will be nice to eat potato lakas with apple sauce or sour cream. I haven't seen Martin since August! He has been out of town a lot this fall.

The other night for 1 of the events I was covering, it was in a room that was open and I couldn't grade papers like I normally do without being seen as rude. What's worse was it was a panel discussion and I had to sit with everyone else who attended and pretend to follow what was being said. I would catch a word here or there, maybe a phrase and this went on for several hours. It became torturous at times. It made me realized that even with the most powerful, digital hearing aid on the market I am still DEAF! It was so boring just sitting there pretending to know what was going on, laughing when everyone else did, clapping when they did, I just hated it. Its not like I can request a terp, as I am a tech and this is their event, not mine. Lesson learned, do not do event gigs in this room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your students' Video in ASL. Like you at the event, I could barely understand what was being said although I could catch a sign here and there that I knew. But they were funny. Nice guys.
Baba