Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy days suck

Well I overslept, my alarm was on SILENT mode,
which spells doom for us deafies! And got to work
2 hrs late! Lucky for me, they were cool with that.
I cannot wait till Saturday. 2 reasons, 1 is I will
finally see Blondie! And 2ndly my turtles will be
moving to their new home in the Bronxs with Virgie
& her awesome gf, yay! I will miss Morticia and Rygel
but they'll be just as happy with them. Lately
Morticia has this habit of idly hanging by the floating
platform, kind of like when people are in the pool
and they rest their arms around the edge and let
their bodies dangle, yep that's her. Just hanging
around. Rygel is still a major scaredy cat. Always
running away and hiding either under the filter or
under the basking rock.

Im headed to Nj, tonights the last class b4 finals
next week. My ppt was over 26 slides long! I figure
whatever we don't cover in class, they can read on
their own from the classweb. Im looking fwd to re-
viewing their videos for the finals. Curious how they
did. I gave them a choice to do narratives or work
in pairs doing dialogues. Then next week I will show
selected videos and they will watch and answer
questions related to the videos.

The service for Nigel on tuesday night was highly
attended. I was told his friends all had a chance to
get up and say a few words. And online there's a
song dedicated to his memory called "Angels on
The Moon." By Thriving Irony. Its so beautiful the
song. The video has the lyrics. Check it out at
Www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mi10ujLq3M
I especially like the lyrics;
"Don't tell that you're dying,cause I don't want to know.
If I can't see the sun, then maybe I should go.
Don't wake me because im dreaming, of angels on the moon.
Where everyone you know, never leaves too soon."
It breaks my heart still to know he's gone.
Baba said it was the saddest memorial service
she ever attended and I believe her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tribute to Nigel broke my heart all over again. What a beautiful song written in his memory. Poor child, he didn't live long enough to learn that things don't remain the same throughout life. He was ready to start high school where the kids aren't as viscious as they are in middle school.
Bobby will be here with me on Saturday while his parents attend something that's for adults only (no doubt having to do with christmas). I'm glad to have the opportunity to spend some time with him. He went back to school yesterday. If you could have seen how self-contained and controlled he was at the memorial service, you would have been proud of him. I know I was.
Your Mom and I can hardly wait until the time arrives for your visit.
Baba