Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cross wiring

VAIO sucks ass if you ask me. Blondie has their laptop and the friggin internet is very StRict and will not allow complete access to the web. I tried blogging but the space I use to type in, shows up all in black! Then I reload the page and the cursor will not show up either. Grr using a word program to do it this time, lucky for us technology has brought the wonders of copy and paste to our finger tips.

Weekend was a blur. Took my exam, filmed all day Saturday. Sunday ended up attending a meeting and dealing with other issues that arose over the weekend. Ended up going to bed really late due to editing. Its just so weird how time goes by in a blink. I get so focused on the editing and clips, alterations, transitions etc etc.. I think, oh Ill stop after I do this or after I’ve done that. But it never happens that way.

Funny I realize how cross my linguistic wiring has become because in an email to a friend I wrote ‘over’ instead of ‘after.’ Because in my mind, I know they are the same signs but different English word, and then reviewing it later, I caught the mistake. In English it really does make a difference when using those two words and schematically in ASL depending on the content it also applies. Language meaning is what I do enjoy. And when a person is bi-lingual or more, its fascinating to see the cross over (or the lack of at times) in translations.

This afternoon before work, I had lunch with Blondie at a nearby Indian restaurant. Good lunch specials and they gave us the right amount of food, perfect for lunch. I must say this, the longer I stay here in the Upper West Side, the more I salivate at the idea of living here. Damn why doesn’t money grow on trees?

The editing of the video is almost done. I only have left to do is add royalty free music to the background and a few more subtitles. I also have a small video project in addition to my plate due this weekend as well. I wish I was more experience with graphic design in movies, it would add to my work immensely. Boy I am just wishful today huh?

Tonight when I got home, Blondie and I decided we wanted to veg out and watch a movie. We couldn’t find anything worthy to watch on cable so we popped in the movie “Prozac Nation” starring Christine Ricci and it was exceedingly well done and for anyone such as myself who has dealt with depressions and that feeling of despair and desperation will enjoy this movie. I tried to read the book a while back but didn’t get into it, but the movie was really good and I am glad I brought it on a whim. Ricci was a cute kid in the Addamms Family movies and Casper the movie. However, tonight’s movie has earned my respect for her as an actress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I enjoyed Prozac Nation, not just because of Ricci's boobs shot. ;) (I gotta said it's a nice set of rack.)

Jessica Lange... I never really like her especially in Hush with Gwyneth Paltrow almost a decade ago, but she was fantastic in this movie as a clingy mother.

It's based on a real person from 80's. Interesting.

Sharpe

deafeningchameleon said...

You're right, Jessica Lange was phenomenal in this movie, I also enjoyed her in the "Big Fish" I think thats the name of the movie with Ewan McGregor? It was directed by Tim Burton, one of his more cheerier works.
-j

Anonymous said...

Yep you got the title correct. I saw it last summer and it was quite fantastic!! I always like Burton's style. His recent flick, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good too.

Sharpe