Thursday, June 08, 2006

The XYZone...

Sometimes its amazing how time works or functions in one's life. When I am film making or editing footage, the hours run thru my fingers like water. My co workers have been supportative of my editing and really I am more than happy to do my assigned jobs. I have never been one to socialize much at work. If I have free time, I rather be working when I am at work. I just get into this focus and there's a nagging feeling of "one more time, yeah thats right lets run the footage one more time." Then I am off tracking down footage I saw earlier but am not sure where it is NOW?! Still I have recruited Erfo for her rank in the art world as well as the literary criticism and add a dash of Erfocism, and the final product will be sweet! Seriously I need her help to work with me on my tranisitional pieces for not only grammar but for suggestions and images consulting. She can spice it up where it is dull and I know where I am not satisfied, she'll be able to fixs the "little cracks" that need mending. Not to say my work is bleeding but still I am of course my own worse critic. And by the way I am LOVING not being in school or worrying about papers. Its so gratifying to focus on film making and finishing my work(s) in progress without something in the background weighing me down.

Spent a good 8 hours working on transitional pieces. Erfo swung by earlier at work to review it with me so thats how part of the rambling above began. Nyhoo, this project is a lot of fun because its unfolding as the weekends past by. I have no idea how it will turn out but its cool to be able to do this kind of project. I needed more exposure to documentary style filming. This is giving me good practice.

The guy who I had lunch with the other day, we've emailed a few times since. I have been so busy and life has literally pushed me out of town and back to my rural roots of LanCasTer. I LOVE my family a lot and don't get me wrong, there are some definite perks to being in the area such as thrift shopping and excellent food, I don't like how I felt growing up there. I was extremely unhappy in the hearing environment with my peers, nothing to do with my family. But I am trying to look at all the positives to living there roughly for 2 months.

There's spending time with Baba and my family on a much more consistent basis. I want my nephews to really get to know me. Heck maybe I'll stay over at Robbies for a few nights so the 2 boys will know who I am better and vice versa. I will have to teach them some signs for communication purposes but why not? Plus I want to take my older nephew to the planetarium if he will go?

I am gonna ask Mom to teach me how to sew 1 project, something I would like which I will mull over before deciding. Plus there are some other skills I need to learn from Mom too and I have some business questions for Robbie. Anyways even tho I will miss living in NYC or 2 months, it will also be a LOT of fun in Lancaster (I know which is it? Do I hate Lancaster or not??? No... but I can stay there for a short amount of time. Enuff yammering, this girl has to get her arse in bed!

No comments: