Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Devising my "System"

After my lunch date (to be discussed shortly) Blondie and I met up at the 110th st platform going uptown. We arrived and moved my "essentials" to the lobby and waited for my 2pm help to show up. Nada...so I tried to call and use speaker phone, that was a joke. I barely could understand what the man was saying, sumthing about Brooklyn.. I finally realized either he was going to be VERY late or not come at all because it was about to rain. So instead I walked up 2 blocks to try to hail a cab. This failed because in northern Manhattan there are only "private cars" or "Limo car" services which is pricer than cabs but the private car driver was a nice guy, helped me and Blondie load the trunk of his car and it cost me 70 clams, smackaroos, shells... and I gave him a $10 tip.

When we arrived, we did laundry, ran some errands and Blondie went to her evening class. I stayed and unpacked. Having a touch or more of ADD, I need rituals to help me settle in. There was no way I could start living over here till last night. I need my "essentials" with me. Otherwise I can't relaxs. Now everything is put away and I feel at home.

Erfo stopped by and visited, she made this necklace that screams my name. I have already staked claim on it. Its MINE!! If I can't wear it to MICA, then I will wear it for my birthday. Its weird, I hardly ever care about jewerly but this necklace is me and I LOVE it.

I sent an email to my lunch date thanking him and also giving him the info for Nutter's tour at the MET this friday. He has already replied confirming he will be there. Hmm... It should be interesting to see him around other deafies. Today we were on his turf, meaning the hearing world at a hearing restaurant where I used spoken English and at time I found myself sim-coming to him. (I know not a good idea to sim com) but I wasn't just gonna sit there and use ASL and he wouldn't understand. I also wanted him to realize that I am a Signer and well I am just wondering how he will do on Friday at the MET on my turf? I hope he tries to learn some signs but I didn't broach him about that today, first I want to see if we can be friends? He has a nice warm face and I liked the vibe I got off of him but I cannot tell if I am even smitten or merely curious? We will see.

I really like Blondies place but I do confess, I need some shades for the windows because as much as I love natural light. I do not care to be blinded by it, me and my damn sensitive eyes! I swear, I feel like between 4 to 7 I have to put on my sunglasses.

No comments: