Friday, June 16, 2006

Nixon Times




I couldnt believe my luck today while riding the bus back to Blondies on Columbus Ave, I was using my work's Power Book because the video project did not take on my external hard drive causing me a major inconvience. Anyhoo I look up to check the streets as we neared Blondies and I happen to sit in the back and there was Cynthia Nixon with her daughter riding the bus! I couldn't believe me eyes! One of the famous "Sex in the City" stars! I of course wasnt sure it was her so being me, I waved in her direction and she looked over and I said/signed "are you Cynthia Nixon?" and she smiled and said softly she was and then I added "Oh I am a BIG fan of your work and really admire you. I even saw that E special on Sex in the City." Then it was my stop and I exited, she must have to deal with fans like me every day but it was so cool just to be so involved in my own work and not even notice somone so famous 3 seats away with her daughter!

Speaking of LUCKY, my friend Knob scored us 2 VIP tickets to the OzzFest (yes Sorry and Pate, I am 1 lucky bitch!) Whee I am gonna meet the man who ripped the bat's head off! More info can be found at Ozzfest
I am so into System of the Down and other bands but the neatest part is we 2 deafies have VIP tickets, means we get to go back stage and mingle with them! God I went to the Ozzfest 3 years ago with Pate and Sorry we had a blast.


Saw the guy last night, each time I see him I grow to appreciate him more and more. He is a good guy. I cannot say where things will lead to but I do think his intentions are for the most part honorable. He has already mastered fingerspelling and he did interact with several deafies last night. Plus he got to meet my friend Eddie as well. I will have dinner with him on Sunday before leaving for Maryland.

Right now I am stuck at Blondies because I am waiting for the video to transfer to my external hard drive and then my hard drive to my IMAC, I cannot relax or have fun till I have the movie on 2 DVDs! Tmw is a BIG day but I think I am ready?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol thats awesome

too bad Ozzfest doesnt really have many bands i really want to see this year because i already seen most of them once if not twice already haha

Be sure to check out Strapping Young Lad and Bleeding Through though because they both kick major ass. Devin Townsend (of SYL) is a funny cool ass motherfucker, yet looks like a mad scientist.. much <3 to that dude. SOAD is always fun to watch too but i didnt like their new albums much.

Anyway Jenny, im glad youre getting to go! VIP passes are awesome and you'll have a blast. I'm skipping the 'fest this time around i think. I think my big summer tour package will be the "unholy alliance" tour with Slayer, Children of Bodom, Mastadon, Lamb of God and Through the eyes of the dead. All 5 bands are exceptionally great live so if that tour comes to NY, i suggest going ;)

xoxo
-Pate