Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bob Dylan on the BRAIN

Funny, I noticed for a hearing person how different the Tin Man is in some ways. Two examples come to mind.

1-hes not gung ho, overly obsessed with MUSIC. As for me, I go for two things when it comes to muisc, first how it sounds and then what are the words?

2-he made an observation about how if placing a set of speakers on the desk, it would only amplify the sound waves thereby creating more vibrations. And us deafies we hate that shit when we re sleeping. True biz and for him to point that out to me and Blondie wow, I was impressed!

Sadly tho I realized I need to up the ASL usage around him. Ugh hearies hate this part of deaf-hearing relationship. See if a deafie goes too long being an oralist they feel they cannot be themselves. I'm hoping he will sign up for ASL level 1 at LaGaurdia Comm College. *hint hint*

The name of todays title Bob Dylan because in one of his songs he quoted "I am a Rock, I am an Island. For a Rock feels no pain and an Island never cries." Which I think comes from the bible originally. Sometimes I think the Tin Man believes this but he forget. A rock and an island are lifeless, he is very full of life and I appreciate having him in mine.

I also love the song "Man in Me." If you get a chance as a deafie, check out the lyrics and imagine it being sung in a folksy way and twange of humor along side it. I haven't been getting much sleep. Funny how it is when you first date someone, you just want to be with them all the time. But I never want to "overkill" and become siamese twins. Even tho when we re physically apart, we re not. Besides I'm missing some friends for example I will finally, finally see Joe Joy. The last time we really got to hang was last May right after I returned from the JKF protest. I do wonder what the fall will bring? Szymanski has been good about sharing me with the Tin Man. I do miss her a lot too! God that girl is fricking hilariouus and extremely bright! Anyone who doesn't know any better is totally missing out on a one of a kind! And I love one of a kind!

Tom and Cleo the cats have been extremely bitchy on edge. I need to make more of an effort to find a place to live. I don't want to become the extended "houseguest" if you will. Blondie is a Saint, thank yOu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Jen,

you gonna read this article:
http://www.deaf-culture-online.com/men-are-pigs.html

Hope it won't be a case with your guy

Kevin :)