Friday, July 07, 2006

DUMBO, a little something extra

Well it was an interesting day and life threw a few curveballs but I did what I could, I rolled with it and kept on moving. In the lineup of events tonight I ended up at Eddies closer to 7ish then the later time I had originally expected. He knew about an event at DUMBO (for those of you who don't know it means "Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass" (I think?) A very bohiem, artistic area with price of living high. But 20-30 years ago, it was a major gang related area, according to Eddie. I asked him if he thought if the tides will turn, meaning if the gang or similar atmosphere will return? He replied, yeah because everything happens in Cycles. I have to agree. Its all about riding the wave out.




Anyhoo we went there because they had live music and at 9pm was showing "The Wizard of Oz." Here are some pixs I took of trhe movie and DUMBO area.








It was fun experience overall. The area was beautiful, we arrived at dusk time so the sky was illuminated by soft blue clouds mix with rosey colored clouds with tinges of orange hues. Of course tho it wasN'T open captioned :( We left within the 1st hour of the movie. I get to have this grilled ear of corn dish that I like a lot, it's made with mayo, parmesan cheese, chilli pepper, and lime juice. Its excellent to make on a camping trip. I have already mastered the technique last year when I attended Maine's Deaf Timberfest. Didn't attend any Deaf Timberfest this year but the summer is not over *winks* maybe I can squeeze one in near my birthday in August? See see, it's not a real summer if I haven't camped yet. Even if its just for a weekend with friends. Honestly my plans are all up in the air, I must return to NYC in August to resume the job and apartment hunting. I crave a semi fixed schedule with a decent pay each week by September. I am seriously not looking forward to doing the apt hunting in August but hopefully something will come my way?

The past 24 hours I didn't wear my hearing aid and all I can say is "Ahhh..." Its nice to be deaf Deaf for a change. I'm still waiting for my test results by the state for teaching certification. The sooner I know, the sooner I can direct my energy to job hunting in a probable way. Right now not having that 3rd certificate has made me hold off on FT HS teaching gigs.

Earlier tonight I recieved this great email photo from the Tin Man. I decided the nickname "Sweets" was too sugary for me. I prefer something a little more unique for such a cool individual. So anyways the Tin Man sent me this awesome photo tonight which I am not gonna post or tell you what it looks like. But I dig it immensely.

By the way I did another series of photos by my inferior sidekick II of what I call the "Cain Method" for dealing with Cleo and accessing the bathroom.













Step 1. Acknowledge Cleo has authority of the throne.



Step 2. Pet Cleo so she feels LOVED.



Step 3. Cleo will jump off when she's had enough.




Step 4. Cleo has been neutralized and mission can now be accomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! How cute of your cat, Cleo. Pet her till she has enough. It's the same with my cat Vader who I will have to pet him till he had enough and go outside.

It's kinda off the point but I saw Superman Returns Wednesday night and it was fantastic!! Despite most people's thoughts on it's plot, it was well written! I got goose bumps when Superman first flew on the big screen after 19 years absence.

I thought it'll be easier if we keep in touch via email. My address is willsharpe@hotmail.com and get in touch with me then I can save your email address in my file. You dont have to write it on your blog for the safety reasons.

Sharpe