Friday, July 21, 2006

"Why You CRYInG?





A book written by George Lopez and Armen Keteyan that I am reading right now. I actually laugh at some of it outloud which says a lot of a comic's ability to tell a joke. I have always liked autobiographies/ghost writers feel type books based on famous people (celebrities, historical figures, and everyday people.)

There's also another book I recommend by Drew Carey called "Dirty Jokes And Beer; STORIES OF THE UNREFINED." that I also enjoyed several years ago. Surprisingly his book has three sections, his bio, his show, and 2 short stories he wrote I think during college?

Several books writen by Oliver Sacks as a doctor and researcher interests me but only in regards to his work, studies. But his autobiographical writing seriously lacks in my opinion. How can a fascinating man write in such a boring fashion about his own life?

I remeber as a kid reading "PT 109." That JFK's day during WWII. (btw thats Kennedy Im refering to, not Fernaduck!) I hAve lately been meaning to read Malcolm X's autobiogrpahy. For 700 pagaes, it better be well written. Otherwise I will end up skimming. Its nice being done with graduate school. I can finally read for pleasure again. I don't answer to higher academics anymore :)

I was asked to help out on another hearing set. I think I will contribute a few days. Since I'm taking a major paycut due to status change from student to part timer at one of my jobs. Yep thats how it goes. I see no reason to rush back. I learned back in my teens that there are some jobs that are simply not worth your time. I am a firm believer of carrying my weight at a job or having a paycheck but not to the point where if I earned nothing to allow me to live, then whats the point? Thats why I do believe hard work is essential in order to learn new things or new experiences. But I need to either earn something in terms of $$ or experience. Both are equal currency in my decisions on what I will do. Its awful I know.

BTW I stand corrected; I am a strong believer in giving credit where credit is due. So I guess this means in reality of Dylan that I only like 2 songs tops from his career. Oh well... Here's a Post script from Mom's email below.

"Oh by the way, Bob Dylan did not do I am a Rock. It was Simon & Garfunkle. Trust me I have the albums....I think Paul Simon wrote it?"

So Ive decided to use the magical Ask.com site over Google *gasps* Ok she was right that Simon penned it. But I wasnt wrong either because apparently the Christian community (Church Sermon's Minister types like to borrow the phrase.) A lot of results either went to Simon and Garfunkel and or in someone's Sermon copy. This was gathered from both Ask.com and Google.com. Two heads or in this case, search engines are better than one. I am glad I am allowed to visit the Tin Man's Island, because ironically he does live on an Island.

1 comment:

Kate O. Breen said...

I have a copy of "malcom x" it's a good read - finished it in days. xxoo knob