Sunday, July 30, 2006

My 2 step editing formula

I read somewhere that sharing files between I-movie and FCP was relatively easy. Guess what? Its not. But I do like clipping and reviewing footage in Imovie before the actually assembly takes place in FCP. So I am currently waiting for the transfer back on mini-dv. Then I will import the footage in batches for editing with FCP. I could have gone directly to FCP but honestly, Imovie for clippings, reviewing, etc etc is nicer.

Yesterday was the OZZfest! Poor Knob (who was my original date), I saw there was an email sent to me on Saturday morning timed at 5 17am !!, work related crap came up :( Then by 11am it became clear she wasnt able to go. Bummer, I was dejected. But sweet Knob, she said I could bring a friend. Well of course I asked the Tin Man to be my date! I knew this wasn't his ideal date but I figured there was no one else I would rather be with and go to a cool ass concert! He accepted the invitation. We joked we would see maybe (diversity) peeps that we could count off our fingers at this event. Because we knowingly knew it generally attracts the redneck crowds... We took the bus over to Randalls Island. It was a hop, scotch, jump away from East Harlem. I was really excited to go. My ex never wanted to go to any of the events I enjoyed during most of our relationship. I was glad the Tin Man was willing to accompany me on an event I would very much have a good time at.

We got there and after obtaining our tickets, we went in. It was a park and had 2 stages facing each other. So the bands would alternate between the 2 stages. Lots of vendors selling clothing, marijunna propoganda items, hard rock jewerly even one vendor did body paint. Some of the girls there had the nerve to get their chest painted and go shirtless... wow, I could never do that in broad daylight. Its a different generation than mine. Because all of the girls were in their early 20s. But then again how is that any different from the 60s topless or the 70s bra burning decade? There will always be young women with exhibitionist tendencies. Thats what makes life interesting. Saw lots of cool tattoos but saw as many that I thought were LAME!

Here's a pix from the vendors area, it sums up the mood well.



And I brought a cool ass bracelet! The Tin Man liked it (even if it didnt match my clothing- I was wearing a jean skirt and a pink top). But like me, I am for the most part feminine but there's still a rocker chick inside of me. I may not identify with it as much as I did in my teens and 20s but that hard edge will always be a part of who I am. One cannot deny their roots as it accounts for who they are today. As Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet "to thine own self be true"

Because Knob couldn't make it she missed one small area of the festival with a Guitar Exhibit from many famous guitar players. I took these photos for her to appreciate and let her know I was thinking of her! Sadly I didn't bother to pay attention to the make or who it previously belonged to as many people know I have seen guitars all my life (Uncle Robviously, Sorry, MStone etc etc).



The music was great! And it was hot, we would take turns walking around and resting in the shade. There was no real shade in the stage areas. I didn't want to end up looking like a lobster so for the most part, we listen to the music and took in the sights from afar the stage. We found this nifty tree stump that we visted 2 or 3xs during our 5 hour stay for the concert. Around 7ish, I was ready to go. We both were hungry and the food there was like it is everywhere else (sporting events, concerts, etc) are known for the overpriced cardboard induced flavored items for purchases. We wanted a satisfying dinner.

So we left and returned to Manhattan. The Tin Man and I agreed for the most part, the concert attendees were from out of towners who still hang their confederacy flag at home and think Black people love watermelons. Sure we saw some deviants such as ourselves but they were far and few in between.

Thank YOU KNOB for a wonderful birthday gift. I wish you had been able to make it but I understand why you weren't able to. Next time, I'm gonna take us to a different concert.

Blondie and Cain have given me their blessing to continue to live with them till sept/oct.. I just wanted a BREAK from the apt hunting in August (especially with the heat and editing). Many people have been asking me whats happening with that. Well the answer is, its on HOLD. Until I have a work schedule and cooler weather has arrived. So please stop asking me. (In the past week I have had 4 or 5 different people ask me about that).

Here's a picture of me and the Tin Man, from yesterday's OZZfest. As you can see I am kinda sneering because right before the picture was taken, we were teasing each other...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe glad you had fun at ozzfest jenny. so THATS the tin man eh? haha cool. You guys look good :)

I can see why you left but you missed the main stage :( But as long as you had fun thats all that matters :)

xo

-j

deafeningchameleon said...

I had a great time but it was sooo hot and I was tired so we left and it was all good. Glad you give me thumbs up with the Tin Man.
xx
j

Anonymous said...

http://www.master-the-guitar.com Master the guitar in a weekend.I reveal everything you will ever need to know about how to learn the guitar in a weekend.geoff also reveals a resources website where you can find all the latest Guitar equipments and Music in one location at. http://www.guitarist-resources.com