Friday, July 28, 2006

A Reason

I love the song below first 2 paragraphs and it sums up everything perfectly except for the line ("And so I have to say before I go") because as anyone knows, I am not going anywhere. The Tin Man knows I am here to stay.

Artist: Hoobastank
Album: The Reason
Song: The Reason

Lyrics:

I'm not a perfect person
As many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

Then the song continues with more music and lyrics but I felt the above really catches my sentiments about how I care for the Tin Man. He came over last night, had a rough day. Issues with his car basically caused him to be stuck in the (I think?) the Lincoln Tunnel during the heat wave the whole country is having! What lousy luck! Ah perhaps if the wee ladd had some Irish blood running thru his viens.... But anyways the three of us, Blondie, Tin Man and I ordered good Sushi from the nearby Planet Sushi. YUM!!! Then Blondie went to bed and Tin Man and I started watching Empire with John Leguizamo in it, and we're half way thru it, part II to continue tonight. I am a Major Fan of Leguizamo!


I think I became one after watching his 1 man show called, FREAK.


And many people don't even know he played the annoying, clown, mentor from Hell to the character Spawn. I did like that movie even if it started off slow at times.









Yesterdays Set Designing meet went well. This will be the 3rd time I've worked with Alexis for a hearing movie set. I met the director yesterday name Jose who is Mexican and later the Producer who's name escapes me but is from Russia. Alexis is Greek so it was an interesting mix. I ofc followed (conversation-wise) the Russian dude and Jose the least and Alexis the best but the mission was achieved, teamwork was at its best. We went to a place called Materials for the Arts in Queens. Basically its a large storage area, not so much a warehouse but 1 floor with wall to wall donated items that are free for non-profit organizations to use in theater, film and education. I really enjoyed seeing it first hand and it made me appreciate how lucky my film shoots have been because for the most part props for me were not an issue and I generally make do with what I have. Check it out, and the best part to me is this and I quote "In 2004, 558 tons of materials were distributed valued at $3.8 million. Those materials are kept out of landfills and find their way to NYC art groups, schools and non-profit groups with art programs." Its good to see the art of recycling well in use.

I will shower soon and meet King, Szymanski and Blondie (maybe) for lunch and then its editing TIME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dig John Leguizamo too. I enjoyed his wacky film, The Pest during my stoned-era. It was hilarious back then in summer of 97 when I saw it on the movie channel.

Surprised you like Spawn. I've been collecting Spawn comics since the beginning but I was so disappointed in the movie when I went to the theatre. Mainly because the stories were pulled out from the early issues of comics and with crappy cg of the devil, Malebolgia turned me off.

Been heard about the sequel, but turn it into more of a horror genre, with cops story which I thought worked better in Spawn. Spawn is more of a horror genre in comics to me which was why I still love to buy it every month.

I've not seen Empire but something on my mind to rent when I'm in mood for some old movies.

Sharpe

deafeningchameleon said...

hey Sharpe
Yes I do say Empire is a great action, drug lord, lots of guns and violence type movie.

Myself not into Spawns the comics but I did read mostly Wonder Woman, Spiderman, and a few selected others.

have a great weekend, I'm hitting the Ozzfest tmw!