Wednesday, July 05, 2006

NYC fireworks, eh....

Well last night, Blondie, Erfo, the Guy (now renamed as "Sweets") and I went out for BBQ food at a nearby place on the UWS. Food was prety good, the raspberry Margaritas a little sweet but nonetheless good :) I ofc loved the bbq wings and ribs, always have! Then we hit the pier area downtown where we watched the fireworks, in my opinion the fireworks were nothing unique and honestly I expected better in NYC. I told Sweets that he has to come to my home town next year to see some real good fireworks at Long's Park. I grew up going there with Baba, her friend and her friend's nephews Michael and Patrick. Michael was one of my first boyfriends in middle school. Unfortunately we were worlds apart, him being a republican and catholic, me being a jew and democratic that we spent a lot of time fighting. I broke up with him by phone on valetnines day. Stupid me I didn't even realize it was valentines day! Oh well I was a stupid teenie booper and grew up with him, so what really did I expect?

Sinuses are still killing me, argh! The nurse wants me to try a different over the counter medicine. Hope it works?

Today I will sub for the 1st time at the SLC, I am a little nervous but once I get started, it'll be a piece of cake.

Interesting for me, but dating Sweets is like having a spy on the hearies. Yea he was wearing this cute but corny tee shirt I brought for him at AADB last week with Finger spelling ABCs and on the back a few signs with his name. Anyhoo on the subway he pushed by some passenger, (tourists in actuality) and when he passed them they remarked "Oh its because he's deaf!" which ofc he turned back and gave them his evil look which apparently put the "fear of God" into many! Ive seen this look but not directed towards me *whew!* Also after the fireworks last night he was ambushed by this "Shakespearian Thespian" who talked his ear off (ha ha) about my ass which Sweets let him know I was with him but then he went on to his next target, Blondie and what was her "audio level?" and the perks of dating a deaf girl means many ways to cheat. Everytime I looked over while shooting pool, Sweets had this pained expression on his face. Kinda funny, kinda not.

I havnet done much in the past few days cuz of my sinuses. but damnit, I needed a break! A'ight catch you all latah!

No comments: