Sunday, July 16, 2006

Goodbye Shoo Fly Pie!

Shoo Fly Pie is this pie famous in my hometown, its so full of sugar it makes me shudder at the thought of taking a bite. I'm headed back to NYC after a week's stay in PA. I have 2 job interviews lined up for tmw and an apt to see in Astoria, (keep your fingers crossed!)

The Tin Man arrived last Thursday nite, it was so good to see him after being apart 5 days. His kisses were deafinitely welcomed! On friday he met my Uncle Robiviously and his family. As well as Baba's friend Kane (not Cain or PattyO's dog). He was very sweet and helped update Kane's computer. Kane is someone I've known for many years, a fun, neat lady. She has a dog name Rocky who is one of those yappy, hyper dogs! Couldn't get it to shut its trap for the first 20 mins. But the cat, Besty what a sweetie! Then we headed back to Babas where I made chicken thai with peanut sauce, YUM! Paula my childhood friend came by. It was a nice day.

Saturday we hit the "Clock and Watch Museum" which was interesting but within an hour or so I had had my fill of Clocks, I mean how many can you look at? But it was neat to learn how time pieces began and what problems it faced, for example, wooden clocks were bad for sea travel because the moisture in the air warped the wood. Another thing that I thought was cool was how it bagan as a sign of royalty and not tll the industrial age, where factories made mass productions of things such as clocks, did it become the norm for everyone, not just the upper class.

We also met up with my other Uncle David "is in the bathroom." Its an old family joke where if we couldn't find him, it was because he was in the bathroom reading :] then the Tin Man met Mom. It was a successful visit. I am glad he was able to meet the kinfolk and see where I grew up.

Today we laid around, and finally got on the road at 9ish. We re headed back now as I type to NYC. I will not be back to PA till sometime in August. I need to be in NYC. I want to be able to work, apt hunting and spend time with my boyfriend.

Life overall is good, I was kinda stressed last night and had a crying spell. I am grateful for the support of Blondie by her generoisty of letting me stay with her and for the Tin Man not freaking out over the waterworks. I sometimes just need to cry and its ok. Just don't want to weird him out or scare him away as the "emotional" trainwreck. Besides my life has been in a flux with trying to find my way (work and apt wise).

Gonna get to see my bastard kitty, wheeeeee! Tom will be purring his little buns off in the morning, that's when he's all lovey dovey.

I'm looking foward to when the Tin Man moves into his new apt in August. I get to help pick out the new furniture with him. I'm curious to see what he likes in comparison to what I like? Besides I've never brought furniture (new that is). So I'm gonna live vicariously thru him.

I did get some work done on my films, not as much as I would like. But that's the way it goes.

Funny everytime I get into the Tin Man's car his cell phone chirps "phone 1 ready." So now everytime I hear it, I reply "Girlfriend 1 ready"

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awwww, how sweeeeet! I'm sure the Tin Man won't get rusty over your waterworks. He sounds like a doll! :) MWAH! I;m really haaaaappppppy for you! XOXOX