Thursday, August 24, 2006

Green Dragon

In my hometown there are two cool flea markets to go to, one is called Roots which is open on Tuesdays and Green Dragon which is open on Fridays. Since Blondie's birthday is tmw, the Tin Man and I were planning to head back for tomorrow night to celebrate her 30th bday. But it seems due to a conflict with another deaf event, the MET tours is also happening as well as another event in Coney Island that the birthday celebration will most likely be postponed to Saturday. In that case, the Tin Man and I can hang in my home town one extra day and hit the Green Dragon tmw. I plan to invite my aunt Nancy and my nephew Bobby.

Today Baba, Tin Man and I are all headed to Two Rivers Yacht Basin where my grandfather kept his boat the Qualye Song docked at. I spent most of my childhood summers going to Chesapeake City in MD to spend time on our boat. We would swim, sail and go crabbing. When my grandfather (Papa) passed away 15 years ago yesterday (August 23rd). We got rid of the boat, much to my dismay. I wasn't old enough to take over the boat, having just turned 17 at the time. Neither one of my twin uncles were interested in keeping the boat so my grandfather's friend who he shared the boat with sold it. Meanwhile I havent been to the boat in about 14 years when my two uncles, my aunt Nancy and I all went out to scatter Papa's ashes in the Chesapeake Bay. Recently my family was informed whoever owned the boat, the Qualye Song abandon it and stopped payments for the dock fees. So basically the boat is falling apart and we're gonna go down today and take some pictures and I guess say goodbye to the boat that has given the family many wonderful memories. I hope someday to be able to go boating again. I will post pictures tomorrow. I am excited to show my sweetie where I spent a lot of my childhood at. I want to walk along the planks and show him the mini shore.

Then we will hit the Chesapeake City for dinner, soft shell crabs, YUM!

No comments: