Monday, August 07, 2006

Niagara Falls, Canada

For some reason this picture is one of the 2 bigger ones, the rest of the pictures below were smaller, I don't know why? But what better way for a Leo to make her enterance on her blog?


This is me, at the Ripleys Believe It Or Not Museum. I grew up watching that show, and collect some of the older comic book editions. This was the 5th or 6th one I've touched!!! [Sun 8/6/06]

Am watching "The Last Comic Standing" my guy Josh Blue is still in the final 3! Good luck Josh, am rooting for YOU! [Update: Josh Blue totallyed blew it in my opinion!] I was disappointed because last week when the show was originally aired, it wasn't closed captioned :(

Funny I just experienced de ja vu as I typed the above last sentence. I even remember thinking it even was a Monday. Its ironic when that happens cuz it makes you wonder whether one of your senses was delayed in their transmission of the experience, or if its because you dreamt it ahead of time, maybe its part of the path you planned before birth? Or could it be as in the Matrix, "a glitch in the system?" The answers are endless. I look forward to see how far science gets with the answer on that one in my lifetime. I am already pleased with Space Exploration and deep astronomical studies. To me, it never ceases to amaze me what we have to compensate for the environment thats out there in space. How fragile humans really are. I would give up my right hearing ability to go into space. Oh right, can't give away something I don't have. *rim shot!*

Well the Tin Man and I left last Friday for the wonderous adventures of the Niagara Falls. It was my first time there. I of course have forgotten how to drive a stick shift. The Tin Man was fine with that. Most men I know prefer to do all the driving. I'm content to be a passenger most of the time. We left NYC and somehow drove thru NJ and PA and then back to NY. I joked, we made a full circle! I mostly read and played Spider Solitaire on the Tin Man's pc laptop. He has this GPS navigator that basically gives detailed driving instructions, with various map images as well as modes for you to view the content in. Plus since my Sweetie is a hearie, the program is voice activated so no need to visually see it for him to drive, he can listen. Even tho he posses the ability to hear, it too has its limitations. For example he can't have the laptop too far away from him because then he can't HEAR it at all.

Its interesting because this isn't a deaf/hearing issue but a fact. I view hearing as a skill that one inherits but luck or the draw of the gene. Ok so I didn't obtain the standard "hearing gene" that doesn't make my deafness any more inferior. Just a different way to live. Who honestly can live life like everyone else? There are numerous cultures, languages, countries etc etc that I cannot be bothered by what one general population I reside in thinks is the norm. Instead I view life is like a play, or a movie, (whatever you prefer). We're merely characters for a long written story, each of us impacts the story (life) in many different ways. Does make for interesting drama.

Its true in real life I prefer contentment, but for escapism, I am a reality whore. I love many reality shows. I totally know they're being extended for viewing ratings but thats how I escape thru tv viewing. Better than night time dramas if you ask me. Nothing beats seeing people at their best or worst. If you signed that release form to be on the program. I cannot feel bad for you when it gets twisted around. Duh this is a modern version of gossiping, rumors.

Anyways Friday night we eat dinner, have a dumb ass misunderstanding that lasted approx 20-25 minutes. Yet otherwise I am happy to report that the majority of the 3 day trip went well. I'm proud of that personally.

I prefer to get any stupid stuff out of the way so we both can have a good time. Sure we're polar opposites, but we care enough to try to modify things that we know the other appreciates. And at the same time, it doesn't take away from our individual core beings.

The changes or compromises we make are usually more important to the other than to ourselves. Case in point. I lived in the dorms at MSSD, involved with theater etc etc, so to me changing clothes (not complete NUDITTY unless its the locker room) but down to my undies has never bothered me. I see no shame in the human body. We all have flaws, but in the same way we all are beautiful. I don't care if someone looks. ITS WHEN SOMEONE TOUCHES WITHOUT PERMISSION, THAT IS WHEN ITS WRONG. During the few times in my life as a woman who like every other women out there experiences sexual assualt, molestion, whathaveyous, I had been fullly dressed.

Also in my pov, a person's comfort levels in reagrds to their bodies vary among everyone, based on their personalities and life experiences. (My mother can vouch for me here), as a small child, I was a nudist at heart. She couldnt keep clothes on me and I had a habit of pulling my dress over my head! But in all serious as I write here, I cannot deny that we have different views regarding the human body on how it impacts the world. That his views are no better or worse than mine. And I am aware it bothers him a lot for his own reasons. So I try to make an effort and do what I can to alleviate his discomforts. It doesnt make me feel like I am being put out or that I am "losing my identity." I view this as having consideration for the person you're devoted to. Or in a more flattering way, as one of my many tokens of my affection towards the Tin Man. He too does the same for me, ACTINIUM Style!

Well its late and here are the photos from the weekend;

Here's me in the car on the way to NF. [Fri 8/4/06]


Here's the Tin Man and me, on the Maid of Mist Tour. Yeah I know, where's the friggin falls? Believe me its nearby :) You'll have to take my word for that. At least with the photo you can see the mist from the falls itself. [Sat 8/5/06]

Here's the Tin Man, he's very manly. I dig it. [Sat 8/6/06]

Here's us at one of the 3D/4D theater, the story itself was lame but I thought it made for a fun picture. A little nostalgia if you will. [Sat 8/5/06]


Last but not least, here is another large picture of the Tin Man standing by sumthing Skylon sumthing, unfortunately it was extremely bright that day and I couldnt even see the image on his digital camera. I wasn't able to get it all, the Revolving Sphere part on the top. I know many of you are crushed, but for real jose, the sun was blinding and the heat was murder! [Sun 8/6/06]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying Niagara Falls, my birth town. :) I'm "almost" American... Niagara Falls is just a step away from the border and I born a day after US' birthday. heh

Nice pixs of you and Tin Man.

I agreed with you the philosophy of look but dont touch. :) Women are like muesums. Just kidding.

About having deja vu... I am having that lately too... maybe it's the Matrix we are living in? ha Sometimes I felt like I am in the wrong day but it's today, etc... weird.

Good to see your relationship progress very well with Tin Man lately. Yeah you'll eventually going through some obstules to get know someone better. Acceptable is a best way to gain trust and respect.

Look forward to more of your blogs,
and I was wondering if I can have your email address so I can email you sometimes just for chat? My address is willsharpe@hotmail.com so I figure it'll be better if you email me so you dont have to worry about put your address on your blog for everybody to read.

Thanks,
Sharpe