Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Life's little folklores

Worked on the hearing set today, it went ok. I wasnt really into it. I think it was the way it was run. (and the fact we ended up going downtown for this set to pick up props during heavy traffic did not help- thank you Sweetie!). Nyhoo, they dont need me tomorrow, gonna meet up with my Sweetie and enjoy the day with him.

Tonight did some editing. But mostly today was "me" day. I havent been sleeping my 9 hours for a few months now and its catching up to me. I know because I become very cranky and semi unreasonable when I am overtired. I am like a bear who needs to go in the cave and hibernate in order to function normally without becoming sick with an ailment. Or gruffy around others.

Now to be honest, I have never been a high energetic person. Once my teen years hit, I went into a more turtle more than rabbit mode. Dont get me wrong, I love activities and doing things. But once I have run out of steam, or otherwords, hit the wall. Then the best thing to do is let me veg out or to leave me alone. I like my Sweetie he allows me to relaxs and when I am in "bear" mode, to allow me to be.

I want him to feel he can do the same around me. I love doing my thing (work, school, etc) during the day. Then in the evenings, meeting up with him to compare notes and relax. Enjoy one another's company. And he makes me think. Sure I dont always like how he broaches the subject but I cannot deny it doesn't give one a moment to pause and think it over.

Check out this photo :)

Turtle & the Hare

Funny I had no idea how religiously based the story of the Frog and the Scropion
was on Christianity. It shouldnt surprise me as look at my home town. Its no wonder it was part of the reading curriculum when I was a child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there jen, who the bloody hell is texe marrs? from his 1st page i'd say some kind of psycho-freak. people who rant about end times and conspiracy theories can't be considered representative of Christians as a whole. (like the old guy who thought sears roebuck ran the world from a city-block sized computer in stockholm ) i've never met a conspiracy believer who was not wacked out in some way. i've been a Christian for most of my 46 years and for my life i don't see Christianity in the frog and the scorpion. and there are a couple of handsewnhomegrown democrats down here. not enough-a given. we've been enjoying your writing, hope to see you this week.
nancy