Friday, August 18, 2006

Status report...

I forgot to confirm that yes the apartment deal worked out! I have a new roomie who seems cool and is a flight attendant. Which means she's home 10 days a month tops. Its pretty big too and this time I have a closet with a door. Reasonably priced, good location by way of train and in MANHATTAN! wheeeeeee! My approx move in date will be Sept 5th.

Finally got around to getting a new earmold made. I have been putting it off for months. I will say that for the League of Deaf and Hard of Hearing in NYC was well run. I was able to walk in and barely waited in the waiting room. The audiologist shared my first name and seemed like a nice lady. She of course like all audiologist do, needed to do a quick hearing test. Basically I raised my hand every time I "heard" a sound via headset. Really sometimes it can be confusing to what I "hear" and what I "feel" some of the higher pitch ones especially were like that. Also as all deafies know, your mind starts to confuse their test with phantom noises. You raise your hand not sure if its real or if your mind is only ringing? But back to the earmold. I was happy to pick out from a design collection called "cats eye" a little hot pink one. Happy is the ME.

Met the Tin Man's mom today downtown. Now I know where he gets his good looks from. Its apparent around the eyes and nose. I didnt get to meet with her long due to other errands and other commitments.

This week, I have come to the conclusion volunteering on hearing film sets isnt really my thing anymore. I mean I am glad for the experiences I have had but I realize that the deafness does get in the way of effective communication and creates long period of boredom. As a deafie with ADD I cannot stand the long periods of boredom on the sets. I'm stuck there all day, during the busy periods of the day, I'm fine, no problem but its during the down time (there's a lot of it on a film set because various crews set up, break down, etc etc), its boring as HELL.

Tmw I will edit, meet up with Szymanski, Sunday with my sweetie!

Next week I will visit my folks in PA. It will be great to see everyone. Good way to end August before fall begins. Apple cider anyone?

No comments: