Friday, April 07, 2006

Ahh so SWEET!

Erfo & Blondie both chipped in for a Victoria Secret gift certificate- Thank you! You'll both get a big phat kiss on the cheek as hugging is out for a while.

The surgery seems to have gone well. I woke up coughing so much from the breathing tube and contradicted myself by babbling I was thirsty but I hafta pee too! Finally about 10 minutes later, mission was accomplish because th IV always makes my bladder super full. I couldn't relax at the hospital, Mom said my heart rate was pretty high so they weren't gonna let me go home until it came down. We finally got to leave at 4pm. Ever since then I have been sleeping, puking (mostly liquids last night as my throat still hurts and can't eat much) and waking up every few hours. Surprisingly I am allowed to sleep on the side and that helps tremendously.

Just now I peeled off one of those heart monitors they stick all over you from my back. Guess the nurse missed one. I also while waiting for my surgery yesterday took some pictures of this futuristic Borg like gadget, see what I mean?





I just want to also mentioned the hospital staff at Columbia Presbeterian Hospital were awesome. All of them were very comforting and worked with me by gesturing when I don't have a hearing aid on. BUT the terp situation, atrocious! First the terp arrived LATe. Then she kept disappearing, 3rdly she couldn't sign for shit. Then later after I was done with surgery they didnt send a terp again for over 2 hrs! By the time he arrived, a new guy, we were getting ready to leave and he said he couldn't stay long either.... yeah well by this time, I was done with the whole terp situation. Next week while taking a break from my paper works, I will write them a letter explaining my disappointment at their lack of professionalism and the 1st terp couldn't sign ASL, but tried to use signs in ASL for English *shudders* It always upsets me to see non-qualified terps in either medical or legal areas or any area that requires the highest skilled terps.

My hearing aid took a turn for the worse. In Moms haste yesterday she dropped my hearing aid into her purse and now it doesn't work right. I think the setting got mixed up. I don't know but in order for me to hear anything I have to turn it way up and then it squeals because my hearing aid doesn't like the 3 setting but 2 at the maxs.. guess I'll be lip reading Mom most of the weekend...

For everyone who emailed me and sent me wonderful vibes, THANK YOu. I have no idea how they look because I am all wrapped up and won't have the dressing off till Monday. Sponge Bath anyone???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend had breast reduction and she felt so much better afterwards.

The reason why you got such lousy interpreters is probably because the hospital picked inferior interpreters because of their lower fees. So you gotta tell the hospital it is their responsibility to hire qualified
interpreters as stated by ADA.

Here is it to your speedy recovery.

elizabeth

deafeningchameleon said...

Thank you so much for your comment. Actually it was the doctors office perfoming the surgery who was suppose to get the terp. I remember telling the recpetionist I wanted a RID certified but that recpetionist has been a bitch to me, not the doctor tho.
Thanks for your wishes on a speedy recovery. I am feeling pretty good right now, just sore. Funny I seem to have this never ending cleavage... maybe its the way they wrapped me?

Anonymous said...

They probably wrapped you that way to make sure your boobs didn't sag! Perky boobs are the way to go! ;) I'm sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery. Enjoy your time with your mom. =D