Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Why do many hearies reside by a river called DENIAL?!

(For anyone who is hearing and reads below, understand I do not feel that way about all hearies just people like the one I dealt with tonight)

Well I am no longer a cast member of X play. (The name and play have been removed upon the director's request) because he was "offended" by my blog posting and you know what, I don't care because he just argued with me repeatedly about the blog and nothing about his owm inconsideration towards me and his lack of concern for making sure I was a part of the team. After 20 minutes of his lecturing on and off about professionalism, yeah right he reeks of professionalism. Doesn't return emails, doesn't make sure all the actors are ok, so don't talk to me about professional.In my mind you get what you give. If you give good attitude and consideration, Ill give it right back. If you act apathetic to me and I don't know you, I will be apathetic as well.

After that I just lost all desire to do the show. I am sorry too because it looked like a fun show, considering its a musical. He just refused to believe intentionally or unintentionally he made me feel bad and really left out last Saturday. I don't need that, I get enough discrimination daily that I'm not volunteering for it. He probably has decided all deaf people are "angry" like me. Again its people like him and their own ignorance showing. He remarked about how he asked everyone who was at the rehersal if they thought what he did was in any way wrong. Of course they didn't think so, duh, they're hearing. That's like me being a Black person being offended during a situation by a White person and later the White person asks the others (all White too) if they thought he did anything wrong. Hello, does someone need to buy a vowel?! Bottom line, this is just another story to add to my experience of ignorant hearing folks who have some kind of authority over me. I so wish the Deaf community was more vocal and getting the cultural differences made more public and respect we deserve. I was not put on this planet to meet their wants (i.e. listening and speaking like a parrot) yeah I am pretty pissed because I believe in communication, not power issues or pride. Blondie told me if the director wasn't reasonable she wanted nothing to do with him, too bad because she s a great actress and it would have been fun for all three of us to work together. We would've been able to expose them to the deaf world and they would've probably exposed us to new ideas in their own way. I'm just tired of dealing with the bullshit so apologies for my ranting.

...Moving on...

Tonight was the 3rd night of TC ASL Week.
King did a phenomenal job running the Art and ASL night. It began with VA talking about her Graphic Designer experiences. Then King moved onto Zaxy's photos on the Deaf-Blind Community, there was one with me and I think M chatting. He can see some but you have to be standing in the right position at the right length too. Nyhoo it brought back a lot of memories of the two DB camps I volunteered as a SSP, speaking of which I gotta fill out the forms for AADB convention this summer, yikes! Next we saw CK's works, wow she's good. I would love to go to one of her shows. Then we saw some other deafies art work, some good, some *yawns* okay. Plus Patty 'O portfolio on fashion designs, excellent.

Well now that I don't have to worry about the play, I can go ahead to the study group Sunday which I know Baba will be please :)

Erfo is coming by to cheer me up, I felt bad because she popped in to say hi and I was pretty annoyed not at her but with the director that my facial expression must've been ugly, as I am told I am not pretty when I am angry. Remmy that line from SpaceBalls where the Princess is going on and on the the smart ass guy says "YOU're UGLY when you're angry" yep thats me, Oscar the Grouch.

2 comments:

Ridor said...

;laskjf;lsdkjfasd;lkf;hdsfhj

That's how I feel when I read your comments regarding this "fuck" did to you.

I agreed with you -- someitmes it is not worth dealing with people who assumed that you are merely angry just because you are -- full of crap -- they do not live the way we do. CAse closed.

Finish. Done. Do do accept!

R-

deafeningchameleon said...

mwah!!!!! thank you, I totally told him, ask any deafie and they will tell him he's slightly at fault
xoxox
J