Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Roommates and boundaries...

Ugh last night at around 4 am, I was reviewing some footage when a hand popped in my door belonging to my hearie roommate. I said "what?" and he came in asking at 4am!- about his stupid camera. I told him I didn't have it and I gave it back to him months ago. He said he remember but couldn't find it anywhere. I said maybe he packed it away? I mean the man is a major pack rat, his room is a vortex where things disppear from the known universe. So he just stands there, looking at me and I again said I didn't have his camera. He then said "well it didn't get up and walk away" which I replied, "You know what, its 4 am, its late and I was trying to go to bed." I mean come on, the man has no common sense, bothering me at 4am just because he thinks I stole his camera. Whatever, get a grip. Besides maybe "Butter Finger" Lois who was stealing from us last Dec and Jan did it? How the heck do I know?! I could tell he thought I was lying and that just burns me. Besides he has 2 other cameras, whats his problem?! I cannot wait to get out of here at the end of May. He just makes my skin crawl....

I am soo glad to be done with my editing. Today I am working on transcribing ASL footage to text and then analyze whether or not the signers used facial negation or manual negations in their commentaries? I also have to do that paper for Deaf art & lit on Ann Silver, here's an example of her work; Deaf Identity Crayons: Then and Now

I consider her work to be borderline post-colonialism and cross cultural. I am excited to dive deeper into her background but there's not a lot of information on her, I am gonna see if I can locate an email for her and write to her asking some questions for my paper.

I also have to come up with a ASL story to tell tmw night for Erfo. I am mulling over doing two hand shapes in classifiers only. But which ones and on what topic? Maybe something about how I grew up oral till going to MSSD? Not sure... gotta come up with something in the next 24 hours!

No comments: