Sunday, April 02, 2006

Joe Joy Saves The Day!


Yep thats right, Joe Joy is a hero! You see when I arrived at the shoot yesterday, I had booked a digital video camera from Angel and when I went to retrieved the camera, it wasn't there! Yiikes, no camera, no movie! So Joe Joy ran home and got his DV camera for us to shoot the movie. Thank you Joe Joy!!!
Overall the movie shoot was an unltimate success. The energy level was upbeat and fun. Very interesting mix of hearing and deaf. I was so lucky because Erfo's friend J tagging along with us and ended up being my main light guy all day. He was great, he taught me a lot of techniques yesterday and I am very lucky to have had his help for free. I have never had the luxury of someone volunteering to be my light guy. He's da man! I also focus on more close up shots because J said my shots from other sets were good, but I am missing close ups in general. I deafenitely made sure to include them yesterday *grins* Erfo and I totally improvised a lot of scene with the various extras. Erfo's humor mixs with mine, makes for some fine comedy! I must mentioned this one deaf actress who I had the pleasure to work with name Anne Tomasetti. She is great and a natural on camera. I would highly recommend her for any deaf film maker who needs leads.

Honestly everyone yesterday was great. I laughed so hard at some of the scenes we were filming that I had to physically turn away so I wouldn't ruin the shot's audio with my laughter. To King, Karloff, Blondie, Lewis, Ronnie, Jami and Peep, thank you for believing in me and helping me run the show yesterday!!! I must stressed that all of the new people who were on my set, every single one of them brought something worthwhile to the movie. Not one person created any drama off camera, it was a good day.

4 comments:

K said...

Congrats, Jen! I'd love to be involved in filmmaking someday. I look forward to seeing some of your masterpieces in the near future.

deafeningchameleon said...

Hi Kevin
have we met?
j

Ridor said...

Whre is it in for me?!

;-)

R-

deafeningchameleon said...

Hey Ridor
When I can get someone to design a website to show my earlier works and the trailers of my newer work, you'll be the 1st to know! I have considered putting together some kind of non-profit organization this summer, we will see...