Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Got a Nibble...

Good news, one school seems very interested in interviewing me. I was asked to send additional information so keep your fingers crossed. I'm trying not to get too excited as to jinxs myself.

Transcribed 20 mins of ASL footage today, my eyes are tired. I did it by hand because it was too hard to switch back and forth between the film software and the word doc software on the same computer. So during my free time in between jobs tmw, I can type them up. So far 3 subjects are done, 3 more to go. Then its analysis time.

It was good to be back at work yesterday, I got some of my art and lit paper started. (well its the cover page and that counts)! I will see my professor tmw nite, I have a question that is vital for me to address before I dive into the paper. My game plan is to do my SLA (2nd Lang. Acquisition) ASL research paper at home and my Deaf art and lit paper at school/work. That way I won't get bored. I can hop back and forth since they're both due the same day, May 8th, otherwise known as Independence day for moi! I cannot wait to be free of grad school! Two years of my life went by fast. I am glad I did it, I didn't think for a long time I could hack grad school. I underestimated myself. There is something to be said for an academic environment, but I will not miss the deadlines and 20 page papers! I will still have my Thesis to do. I plan to wait till Ive taught 1 year and then write my Thesis on teaching methods, what is effective for ASL acqusition?

Tmw night after work and class, its back to Adamo's film project for the last 2 scenes. I am just a mere consultant and may only be able to stay for 45 mins because I have a 7 30 meeting. I enjoy it of course but my focus is on school right now. Except tmw nite and well, Sunday afternoon and... damn, lets face it, school and filming is my life, no wonder I don't have a man, too damn tired. *grins* but a good kind of tired.

No comments: