Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Deafinitely Seeing Stars

Today was a good day, even tho I am a bit run down and dealt with 2 coughing fits. One during the dreamweaver workshop and the second one during the film gig tonight. I had to suppress this itchy, ticklish spot on the back of my throat. Its a weird dry cough, not a runny nose, snot fest, just an occassional blow and cough. I gotta make sure I have my hall drops tomorrow, they're the only thing that work during the coughing fit, water does jack.

The dreamweaver, ahh I had taken dreamweaver and flash back in 00/01' when I made my ill fated decision to return to Gally for a second degree in TFP. I hated it, I was sick of school then. I dropped out before the semester even ended. I basically dragged my 3.1 gpa to a 2.9 gpa, good going Jenny! I wasnt ready for studies in the field of multimedia. I mean I have never been one people ask computer or software advice from. But film making, actually the correct term, digital video forces me to face software and programs that I've always dreaded. There's so many buttons, choices and things to learn. Slowly but surely I'll get there, I'll learn what I need to know to make my movies into something anyone would want to watch and something that I and the people involved with, will be pleased and proud of their work. Its a joint investment for all involved. There's immense satisfaction that comes with successful and productive collaborations in any medium (arts, sports, intelligence...)

Tmw I take part II of Intermediate Dreamweaver. Yep I've been waved the "basic" requirement. I'm not sure if thats good or bad? Perhaps I'll ask the instructor what she normally covers in the basic workshop to make sure I'm not missing something important?

Last night I was thrilled when I caught an episode of "Law and Order" SVU in an episode called "Painless" and saw two terps (Candy whos is a CODA and Stepahine) from TC in it. Both did a terrific job and it was just neat to reconize friends on tv. I know my friend Alexa will be on the show "Convictions" April 14th, so be sure to catch it as well as Candy who will also be in it :) So mark your calendars!

Speaking of seeing someone I know, I saw Ty's movie "A lot like Love" on saturday night while debating whether to choke down some night qyle or tought it out? Back to the point, it was a very cute movie. I didn't buy the part of Ty being married and the kid being his son. Maybe its cuz I do know him in real life so its not believable? Still it takes a lot of balls to take a chance and try your shot in Hollywood. I was pleased with his signing. And speaking of signing, I was impressed with Ashton Kutcher's signing. He also portrayed a typical CODA or someone with a deaf realtive or friend, where he would sign one word out of the blue while talking verbally. This happened about 2xs throughout the movie, and this is a very common trait I see among hearies who are deaf friendly. I appreciated that small detail and I am thrilled for Ty to make it on Big screen, not once but twice in the same year! Next on my list is the "Family Stone," just gotta wait for it to show up on the movie channel. Ty if youre reading this, good news, your movie didn't make me any sicker, it didn't make me feel better but at least I didn't get sick, ha ha, jk you know it, come on, its just a joke. Seriously Ty, let it go... *sheesh, actors*

Poor Blondie, her hearing aid suffered a tidal wave and was soaked from a glass of water last night. I went ahead and took heroic measures and thoughtlessly offered my hearing aid to borrow for her performance saturday nite. *no need for thundering applause- as the saying goes, a friend in need, is a friend with er indeed*

One cool thing did happen to me, I got invited to a party at a bar downtown on thurs night. The band who's music video I helped out two weeks ago are having a show and invited us to come out to see the premiere of the music video and listen to them play their music live afterwards. If I can get some friends to go and my cough gets better, I would love to go. Neat huh, that they actually took the time to think of us and invited us crew folks out.

No comments: