Thursday, March 30, 2006

Forms, needles and blood, oh my!

This morning went to the hospital for blood work for next week surgery. Only a week to go. Wow its hard for me to believe the girls are going in as DDs and leaving as a B/C. Mom will be with me so no worries :)

Been looking at various apartments online and decided to join this site NYC Apartment Locators For $40 the membership lasts for 6 months and considering how much more expensive a broker would be, I think this is a good deal. I will call them Monday to make an appt to sit down with someone and discuss what I'm looking for and all that jazz. I did ask Erfo (formerly known as Szymanski) if she wants to move out with me and get a 2 bedroom. I think a lot depends on whether or not there are reasonably priced 2 bedrooms or not. I told her to let me know b4 the end of April so I can focus on either a studio or 2 bedroom. Ive decided no more new roommates for me. I just don't seem to get along with hearing roommies only deafies. Hey Ridor if you're reading this, and still plan to move back to NYC, want in? I have to move out by May 31st.

This morning, about 5am, I woke up and went to the bathroom and to my surprise, there was a note on the door exclaiming the bathroom has been turned into a cat isolation room. I didn't understand, thinking perhaps one of the other cats got into a fight and they had to be separated but instead there are two teenage cats that my hearing roommate found abandon in a crate on the side of the road, shaking and scared! The one cat who is white with gray patches is definitely preggars. Before I left to work, my roommate explained what happened and that he's trying to get them to the vet today or by tmw to make sure they do not have any contagious diseases like Feline Lukemia or... The preggar cat is a sweetheart. I told my roommate what he did was a Mitvah because who knows what would happen to these darling cats if he hadn't come along? Maybe there will be some new kittens in the near future? The cat looks ready to pop. We suspect they were abandon due to this but the other cat, I am not sure if its a boy or a girl? If they are siblings or? Anyways aside from our personal differences, we both are animal rescuers and I would have done the exact same thing. I'm gonna beg Erfo to take pixs of the cats and I can post them later for you to "ohh and ahh" at!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery! Hope everything goes smoothly and that your new "girls" treat you well. ;)

deafeningchameleon said...

*In a Southern accent*
Why thank ya dahling. Its stil nerve racking but its now or never. Frankly in the long run, this will avoid a lifetime of backpain and a bent back.
-j

Ridor said...

Please do the pictures, Jen!

I'd love to see the preggar cat.

R-

deafeningchameleon said...

I need a digital camera, maybe early next week Erfo will snap some?
xo
j

Ridor said...

yes about moving in. let's talk online or email about it. how many roommates do u plan to have? i know of one woman who wants to move in nyc by mid-may

Rosirah said...

So this comment comes a couple years late, but if you get it, I'd really like to know how your experience with NYC Apartment Locators went. I'm starting to look for a place, and I was considering paying the membership fee. Were they helpful?

You can e-mail me at razberi1 at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

(Joanne)