Thursday, March 02, 2006

Soon to be Mud Puddles

Its snowing, which always makes the world seem like a wonderland. I love SNOW! I remember about 4 or 5 years ago, Pate was visiting Sorry in DC and I was trapped in my apt by myself during a bad snow storm. Understand the night before the blizzard started I had been with Sorry who told me that my ex fell out of love with me. I was crushed because my ex never told me that and it was only 6 months after the break up of a 6 year relationship. The blizzard had dumped several feet of snow, and my car was more than buried. Pate was soo sweet, he took a cab with Sorry to greenbelt *from DC area* and then the cab driver refuse to go to Laurel where I lived at the time. Pate then begged this one man with a pick up truck at a nearby gas station to drive him and Sorry to my place. He paid the man $40 to drive like 10 miles in the snow. They made it, and I was thrilled beyond words when they arrived, my knights in shinning armor! It meant so much to me and we got pretty shit faced off of southern comfort (Pate and I have a history with Southern Comfort) we listen to all kinds of music, I remember all of us signing along with a band called "Puddle of Mud" (for the longest time I called them Mud Puddles) its the song called She Hates Me.. the chorus goes like this

In a trap
Trap I can't grip
Never thought I'd be the one who'd slip
Then I started to realize
I was living one big lie
She fuckin' hates me
Trust
She fuckin' hates me
La la la love
I tried too hard
And she tore my feelings like I had none
And ripped them away



All three of us have had a long term relationship, Pate with Gina, Sorry with Brooks and Me with Johnson. So we bitched and moan about the injustices that come with love and breakups! Pate and Sorry are some of my closest friends, I known them both since Gally 1995, when they arrived as oralists, not knowing sn ounce of ASL. I saw them both recently for my birthday here in NYC, last august. This summer, I hope Pate and I can visit Sorry at Myrtle Beach, SC. Not to worry Pate, when I become rich and famous *snickers* Ill come to Texas and visit ya, PROMISE!

On a different note,
After talking with Szymanski last night, she helped to calm me down with the whole roommate drama crap. Actually we have a sneaking suspiscion that the papers "served" to me on tuesday night are fake. He likes to make these collage things and print them out. Besides I left after 9pm on Tues, does he really expect me to believe that someone came 2xs after 9pm to "serve" me papers that were not even in an envelope. Or signed by anyone else besides Sam. No contact information or official address. On one of the papers, there's my name in a bright red marker scrawled on the back. I don't think any reputable place would do that. I think he decided to fake me out and granted it work. He keeps trying to get me to sign this home made contract he made and I keep telling him I am waiting for the negiotation meeting on the 14th. Yet I feel like if I don't agree to what he wants then he will start the proceedings for court (even thats questionable and possibly just a bluff).

I am interested in one place in Brooklyn, they have 2 rooms available. The reason being is I need to find a full time job teaching next fall and living in Brooklyn would allow me more opportunities for work in Manhattan as well as Brooklyn. Plus if I am really desperate, I could commute to Long Island by train. The pay better in LI but I hate long commutes to and from work. Ive emailed the guy who shares my cat's name Tom, and see if I can see the apt next tues on my day off. If I really like it, Im gonna have some serious thinking to do. Stay or go? Moving mid to the end of March would be kinda stressful at the same time a relief. What to do, what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow jen, i can remember that like yesterday: \m/ good times, and that was the best 40$ i ever spent!

and i know this roomate crap situation of yours sucks ass, but im not worried, you're smart and strong enough to get past this and resolve things in a matter that will benefit you the most... but i dont blame you... the sooner the better you get out of there.

and i <3 snow too.. too bad i live in goddamn texas :(