Monday, March 27, 2006

Nuttin like Familia

The visit to Lancaster was just lovely! Got to chill and see the folks. I was thrilled when Baba (my grandmother) made this BBQ chicken that is to die for. Not the traditional kind with the thick sauce, no this one is made on the stove top and the sauce is yummy! Plus Mom came for dinner that night so all four of us (Paula made it too) had a wonderful dinner. Then Mom, Paula and I played some Trivia Pursuit :) Here's a copy of the recipe

Stove Top Barbecued Chicken

1 tsp. canola oil
1 med. onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. celery flakes or 1/4 tsp. celery seed
chicken pieces

Coat a frying pan with oil and cook onion and garlic til transparant. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients
and pour over onion and garlic in pan. Bring to a boil and
simmer for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces and coat with
sauce, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Turn
pieces of chicken and coat with suace, cover and cook
for 15 minutes. Serve over rice. [Thanks Mom for sending me the recipe!]

Yesterday got to see both of my uncles, and all 3 of my nephews. They weren't the least bit interested in seeing me, the nephews had better things to do like PLAY! My two uncles, I have a 3rd in California but anyways my two uncles in Lancaster feel more like brothers. Being an only child, I am constantly adopting my friends as sisters and brothers. And renaming myself as Aunt Jenny instead of cousin Jenny to my nephews because there's at least 20 years seperating myself and the other grandchildren.

Today I am back to work, this morning opened an escrow account for my back rent. Baba was right, I don't want to go to the mediation meeting tmw without having everything ready. Which I do :) I sure hope we can reach an agreement?

I'm also working on my 2nd draft of the 3rd part of my 4th movie, I know complicated. While waiting for my bus back to NYC last night with Baba, we met this nice young lady name Erica who was also headed back to NYC. She works for a Fashion Designer group in the Empire State Building that makes designs for clothing that are sold at Walmart and other stores. Erica was tickled when I asked her if she would want to be an extra in my movie this saturday. She is really jazzed and a nice girl, but it was very difficult for me to understand her. She speak so softly and often looks away or covers her mouth. We managed tho.

I cannot wait for Saturday to shoot the final scenes of SDI. Then I can relax and finish my semester. I will have to put my films on hold till May because I want to do well on my exams and we have TC ASL week coming up in the middle of April. I am in charge of securing deaf films to show. I got 3 films so far, want at least 2 more. Am begging Flash and Slaw for a flick to show. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: