Monday, March 13, 2006

Experimental Television Grant

I am applying for a grant for "finishing" funds to complete my 4 movies and distribute them to my volunteers. I printed out 3 copies of my proposals, actually 4, 3 are going to the grant application and one is my copy for future references. I am currently burning samples of my work. I am asking for $1500. $500 per project. I really hope I get it and it will help me to make a master copy of each movie and then get them to all the people who were involved in the past 2 years. I am not sure how much a post production company charges? I am also gonna test my samples on my DVD player that hooked up to my TV. Nothing is worse then getting unviewable footage. It drives me mad cuz you did all the work and it should be there and then it not. Soon I will see Joe Joy. I wonder how things are?

Good news for a different grant I applied for on behalf of the TC ASL club that I co chair, was granted :) That means ASL week in April is on! Its gonna be fun. I am looking forward to the preprations for that. Szmansky is in charge of Lit/Poetry, King will take care of Art and Nutter in charge of live entertainment. Of course I am in charge of film night. I have already contacted some film makers, nada responses. Means I will have to follow up again later this week. If need be, I can always do a "chronological" theme on deaf films.

Yay I was able to figure out how to burn all 3 samples on 1 DVD! Just hafta import em all and give them titles. As soon as its done, I gotta jet over to see Joe!

3 comments:

JRS said...

smooch

Anonymous said...

Hi DC, I don't see how you can be any busier or have a more interesting life than you do at present. Lots and lots of friend; lots and lots of fresh ideas. You astonish me!

deafeningchameleon said...

Dear Anoymous
*blushes* gosh thanks. I thought my life was quite boring to be honest. It seems that way at times. But youre right, I am blessed with many friends. I think its life way of making up for being a loner most of my childhood
thanks
-J